Marner or Rantanen

Marner or Rantanen

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
But not points...Hell I would pick Tanner Glass to score more goals, than Mitch Marner.
Rants scores, Mitch is a playmaker.
Ah. So now we’re at goals are unimportant, and pace doesn’t count again. I hope these arguments are consistent the other way around

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
No not everyone flip flops their argument to suit their player. And it would always be possible to have a little more integrity than the guys that do do that.

When I talk Marner, I always talk points.
No point in talking goals with him, if you want goals there are others.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
When I talk Marner, I always talk points.
No point in talking goals with him, if you want goals there are others.
This is part of the issue. It’s fine to discuss playmaker etc. But when you discuss Marner points matter as much or more than goals. When you discuss a goal scorer on your team goals are more important. If your player has an injury pace is the way to go, if your player played more games it’s all about total points. The only consistent criteria is the jersey.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
If I'm using Avs fans logic when they trash Draisaitl, this should be Marner easily because Rantanen gets to play with Mackinnon. Weird how Avs fans change their tune in this situation.
I don't think Av's fans trash Drai. We just don't think he is better than Mackinnon. Which is the opinion of most non Oiler fans. Also I think Rantanen and Marner are close to even. I would probably give the edge to Marner.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This is part of the issue. It’s fine to discuss playmaker etc. But when you discuss Marner points matter as much or more than goals. When you discuss a goal scorer on your team goals are more important. If your player has an injury pace is the way to go, if your player played more games it’s all about total points. The only consistent criteria is the jersey.

Welcome to HFBoards

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Only if you define "most non-Oiler fans" in a really peculiar way.
The last poll I saw between them had Mackinnon well ahead and I mostly saw Oilers fans argue for Drai so that would be the basis I'm using for fan opinions.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
That's a subsection of this particular forum, certainly not more indicative than for example the fact that professional hockey writers voted 124-39 in favor of Draisaitl for the first all-star.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Nice stats... where are the stats that show how strong Rantanen is on the puck and how his body enables him to engage the opposition more and how he's freaking huge and a point magnet in the offensive zone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad