Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Is it the Leafs fault the Oilers dealt Taylor Hall, messed up on Yakupov, spent a bundle on Lucic who quickly turnes into an alabatross and haven’t drafted well to save their life.

Besides Marleau and Tavares, the Leafs homegrown talent is what’s carrying them.
Exactly! Toronto built through the draft.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Mar 26, 2010
Marner is 20x better than Draisaitl. It not even f***ing close.

Should be a Marner vs McDavid

Reactions: 6ix

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
marner has easily blown past draisaitl now. 50pts vs 42 and 2 years younger. he also doesnt ride shotgun to mcdavid, but easily drives his own line

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Hey, I’m just saying. If you held him to the same standards you lot hold Draisaitl to, you’d bring up Rich Clune and free Colton Orr from Don Cherry’s basement to play with Marner and still expect PPG production. If Marner’s so good why does he need a great linemate? Why can’t he do it on his own/with slugs?

Marner went ppg w Kadri to close out last season, how's that for elevating play ?

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
Gotta go with Marner. He’s one of if not the best passers in the league. Kid is great but Toronto fans better hope he takes a hometown discount .

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Marner has 7 more points with Draisaitl playing 2:19 (1:02 on the PP) more. Draisaitl is also 1.5 years older and often gets to play with the best player in the world. (Over 65% of his points have come playing with McDavid).

Marner also has a lot more takeaways while having a lot fewer giveaways.

Add the fact that Marner is an absolute treat to watch, and it’s not that close, IMO.

Draisaitl is a great player but I don’t think he’s on Marner’s level (at least this year).

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Hey, I’m just saying. If you held him to the same standards you lot hold Draisaitl to, you’d bring up Rich Clune and free Colton Orr from Don Cherry’s basement to play with Marner and still expect PPG production. If Marner’s so good why does he need a great linemate? Why can’t he do it on his own/with slugs?
Watch a leafs game. Marner is clearly the best player on his line.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Draistl is very much a by-product of Mcdavid. Tavares is also a by-product of Marner.

Not even close where these players would be without their linemates. Marner would still be producing at an amazing pace. Keep your stick on the ice and you will collect goals around Marner. He is a magician to watch.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Marner easily. People forget that Marner also got JVR his career high in goals and Bozak had his best point season when he was on Marner’s line.

Drai is a big winger that struggles to produce when not with McDavid.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Draistl is very much a by-product of Mcdavid. Tavares is also a by-product of Marner.

Not even close where these players would be without their linemates. Marner would still be producing at an amazing pace. Keep your stick on the ice and you will collect goals around Marner. He is a magician to watch.

Tavares has shown he's a top 10 player without Marner. He's not a by-product of anyone.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Just as clueless as the leafs fans who think Drai is a product of McDavid. Like it's pretty obvious that you don't watch any western conference teams, let alone the Oilers

I think it's great Leafs have elite C's in Matthews and Tavares who can carry around the very average and small one dimentional winger in Marner and a money greedy swede in Nylander.
Great C depth, best in the NHL!

Credibility 0.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think Marner is better.

But I do think it's funny how sure Leafs fans are sure Marner is better but also sure he will sign for less than Drai because he's such a nice guy.

A bit of wishful thinking but he is a hometown boy so we might get a slight discount. He wants to die a Leaf.

He'll get more than Dra but RFA's are now inflated due to Eichel and Dra's contracts. I think those contracts and the fall out are going to result in CBA chaos.

Reactions: bionic

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Babs recently said Marner makes Tavares better and Tavares makes the whole team better.

I have to think if Kadri was his C his numbers would not be this crazy but luckily for us that is not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad