Marner or Connor

Better hockey player: Mitch Marner or Kyle Connor

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Care to Define obviously for us in the back? What’s Connor ‘all around’ better at while we’re at it?
I’m not interested in explaining my opinion to you on something again, for you to ignore what I say, twist it into something else, then go around and around in circles of you throwing insults out to derail another thread. The difference between the two is clearly slanted in Connors favor here. Don’t get me wrong though, I love Marner and think he’s an amazing player

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Connor is more balanced offensively, given that Marner isn’t much of a goal scorer, but outside of offense, Marner is much better. Connor is one of the worst defensive wingers in the game, and Marner is pretty good for one
Connor is not even close to one of the worst defensive wingers in the game.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Connor is terrible defensively though
I disagree. Also my comment was more of a parody of the one above mine. In all seriousness contracts aside it is Marner by a bit, however Marner has seemed to hit his peak while Connor is still improving. People using ainec in here are out to lunch.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Every statistic points to him giving up some of the worst metrics in terms of shots, chances, etc with him on the ice, and he’s typically visually lazy on the backcheck

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I disagree. Also my comment was more of a parody of the one above mine. In all seriousness contracts aside it is Marner by a bit, however Marner has seemed to hit his peak while Connor is still improving. People using ainec in here are out to lunch.
I agree AINEC doesn’t apply and Connor has closed the gap recently.

That’s irrelevant though. You said Connor is the better all around player which isn’t true- Connor is a very weak defensive winger

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Connor is currently better. If Marner's calling card is offense Connor is currently doing that better.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
He’s average in my opinion. I also think that the people calling Marner elite defensively are highly over exaggerating. He’s also around average.

I'm someone who watches a lot of Marner. While he isn't an elite defensive player he is certainly well above average. More like very good. Look at his takeaways.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He’s average in my opinion. I also think that the people calling Marner elite defensively are highly over exaggerating. He’s also around average.
Eh I kind of disagree with both. I think Connor is not good defensively at all. Worst defensive winger in hockey is definitely hyperbole though. Marner is also well above average defensively. There is a pretty sizable gap in their impacts defensively and to me I am not sure how it can be argued otherwise.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Every statistic points to him giving up some of the worst metrics in terms of shots, chances, etc with him on the ice, and he’s typically visually lazy on the backcheck
These accusations about Connor are made by spread sheet watchers and promoted by a stats poster that has a strange cult of personality on the Jets board. If you ask anyone who believes this what is actually happening on the ice they say something about being weak on the boards.

If you are blaming the defensive problems of a line on the F1 you don't have a clue about hockey and what is happening on the ice.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I agree AINEC doesn’t apply and Connor has closed the gap recently.

That’s irrelevant though. You said Connor is the better all around player which isn’t true- Connor is a very weak defensive winger
Once again. My post was a parody of the one above mine. I also disagree that he is very weak defensively but you’re welcome to your own opinion.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Agreed. He just averages 13 points less a game than Marner. who, at worst, is equal defensively. Which means only a homer takes Connor. Nice player though he’s certainly closed the gap the last couple years.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Have you ta
Eh I kind of disagree with both. I think Connor is not good defensively at all. Worst defensive winger in hockey is definitely hyperbole though. Marner is also well above average defensively. There is a pretty sizable gap in their impacts defensively and to me I am not sure how it can be argued otherwise.
Have you taken into account The all around mental gymnastics one needs to perform to come to the conclusion Connor is better defensively? Might be better to call it straight up homerism

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Agreed. He just averages 13 points less a game than Marner. who, at worst, is equal defensively. Which means only a homer takes Connor. Nice player though he’s certainly closed the gap the last couple years.
Who scores 13 points a game? Also convenient that you now don’t favor the player who scores more goals. I know I’ve seen you argue for the goal scorer in the past. Can’t remember which goal scorer that was.

Reactions: The Moose is Loose

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Who scores 13 points a game? Also convenient that you now don’t favor the player who scores more goals. I know I’ve seen you argue for the goal scorer in the past. Can’t remember which goal scorer that was.
My bad meant to post 13 points a year. And no. I haven’t ever made that argument. It’s a shit argument that I don’t agree with. Nice try though.

Joe n

Aug 12, 2019
I’m not interested in explaining my opinion to you on something again, for you to ignore what I say, twist it into something else, then go around and around in circles of you throwing insults out to derail another thread. The difference between the two is clearly slanted in Connors favor here. Don’t get me wrong though, I love Marner and think he’s an amazing player
beside goals, what is Conner better at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad