Salary Cap: Marner Deal Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I watch the Marlies, I seen what all those players were

Johnsson was the AHL playoffs MVP and was significantly better than any Marlies forward and it wasn't close and Bracco isn't close to what Kapanen is defensively or 5v5

Bracco is a very average 2 way player 5v5 and he's going to do it tough

The funny thing is I have Moore in my top 9 and Bracco on my team because there dirt cheap even though I don't think it will go well :laugh:

So? I don't care what Dubas looks like I only care about what Marner's contract comes in at and if that contract sucks (which is almost a given at this point) the teams going to suffer

They can't just cave, they've tried that and there cap situation sucks so bad they can't anymore

MLSEL cares. Nobody cares what you and me think but I agree they should not cave. However we said the same thing about Nylander and this is Mitch we are talking about. They will cave when push comes to shove.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
There's no egg on his face when he offered 11mill over 8 years. That's a serious offer. He can't force Mitch Money to sign. It is even more difficult when Mitch wants to be the highest payed player in NHL history.

Did not hear that offer but if Marner turned it down, start shopping him. Otherwise get this done already.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I find it funny how many people are already concerned about Marner's contract. People weren't concerned about Nylander's contract hardly at all until about July last year. We are already on thread 5 for Marner, and we're not even at the draft yet. It wasn't until mid-September that we were at thread 5 for Nylander!

PTSD from the MAtthews and Nylander contracts lol

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Why blame Marner?

If you have two employees and you give one of them a huge raise. Then the second guy finds out and says I'm leaving unless you give me the same wage. Historically the two employees have produced about the same, although the guy you gave the raise to is sick a lot and misses work. Recently the second guy absolutely crushed a huge project.

Is the second guy a bad guy for asking to be compensated equally?

making clear the 1st guy is the guy you're grooming to move into an upper level (VP and above) management position and the second guy will slot in somewhere below that in the organization then no he's not bad but he is delusional and would be told exactly as such...Marner is great but he's going to be riding shotgun to Matthews Leafs for as long as they're both here

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Man, probably the best team ever assembled in a Leafs uniform -- certainly the best in 52 years -- and everyone hates the players because..... they want the team to Harold Ballard them.

ummm...I don't think anyone here is advocating Dubas be a Ballard...we are advocating that the kid needs to earn that kind of money with playoff performance and awards, just because Matthews got it doesn't mean Marner is entitled to it...apples to oranges in comparing the two Raantanen is the closest comparable to Marner both in the way they play and their production (as well as linemates) let's see what Raantanen does, that should clear up the field quickly

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Dubas should tell Marner that if he signs an offer sheet they’re matching and trading him ASAP. (Earliest they can trade him is one year away I believe). Enjoy 6 years in winterpeg Mitch.

Zona or LA...maybe Ottawa Minnesota or Edmonton (although wouldn't it be funny McDavid and Marner on the same line...would also be absolutely amazing to watch but bury him in a hockey hinterland if he wants to be that way

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Bruin fan here - Trade Matthews for Stud D man. Marner is way to good to trade/lose.

Matthews yes good but as bruin fan he was far from a concern it was Marner and Tavares.

And get anything for Nylander - not meant for the NHL grind especially the playoffs.

Thanks for stopping by...you can probably make your way back to Beantown and continue to think about losing to the St Louis Blues in 7

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I can't believe Dubie offered 11M AAV for 8 years for Mitch. There is no way he upped his offer from 7M to 11M over the course of 1 year. This is entirely speculation.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
MLSEL cares. Nobody cares what you and me think but I agree they should not cave. However we said the same thing about Nylander and this is Mitch we are talking about. They will cave when push comes to shove.

They can't, unless they have some special cap manover were not seeing I'm hard pressed to put a team together with Marner at 11M

Hell that's with Marleau and Zaitsev traded as well

I'm sure MLSE wants to win to, caving and sucking aren't exactly great for business either

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad