Salary Cap: Marner contract discussion XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I disagree. I have watched this team since the late Eighties and he is the most talented player we have ever had.

I think he was a bit distracted this year post injury. I also think his hair loss affected his confidence. He should embrace the Mats Sundin look and shave it and forget it. Or use that 11 million to get a decent transplant.
LOL. Fair enough. :)

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Matthews career pt/game 0.96 and Marner's is 0.93 (rounded up) despite getting significantly more PP time first 2 years of their careers

Marner also hasn't been able to get the team past the first round.

PS. Matthews has double Marner's playoff goal totals.

It is almost like you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Last year their 5 v 5 production was almost identical, the PP angle fell apart sorry. But hey, you know what the hell you’re talking about it. And while you’re at it go look at JT’s career even strength totals year to year and compare it to this year. Cheers.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I disagree. I have watched this team since the late Eighties and he is the most talented player we have ever had.

I think he was a bit distracted this year post injury. I also think his hair loss affected his confidence. He should embrace the Mats Sundin look and shave it and forget it. Or use that 11 million to get a decent transplant.
I thought it was Nylander with the hair loss Samson issues?

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Guys, overall hockey fan here/Habs fan here (I 'm not big on our GM Bergy btw), I'm older so don't have time for I hate Leafs/I hate Bruins, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm very intrigued by what's going on this year as I'm sure everyone is with all these elite RFAs.

Can someone tell me what is going on with Marner, you guys have 3 million and change in cap even after getting rid of Marleau, Gardiner, Kadri. Who else is going to be moved to make room for Marner?

Crazy off ice stuff this year.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It's shocking and disappointing to me to see how much this fanbase has attacked it's best players over the past year.

In a way it's not though.

Leaf fans are used to worshipping Tie Domi.

Now that we have some real talent a lot of them don't know what to do with themselves.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Guys, overall hockey fan here/Habs fan here (I 'm not big on our GM Bergy btw), I'm older so don't have time for I hate Leafs/I hate Bruins, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm very intrigued by what's going on this year as I'm sure everyone is with all these elite RFAs.

Can someone tell me what is going on with Marner, you guys have 3 million and change in cap even after getting rid of Marleau, Gardiner, Kadri. Who else is going to be moved to make room for Marner?

Crazy off ice stuff this year.
Horton will go to LTR.
Cap will be tight but shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. love your Steaks

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm congratulating on how terrible that take was, it was so bad I thought you deserved praise

It's actually not. Maybe you haven't been paying enough attention to sports media. Marner offer sheet speculation has been ahead of Kawhi free agency speculation nearly every day.

Yesterday's meeting was the first time it took priority

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Horton will go to LTR.
Cap will be tight but shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. love your Steaks

Once you send down enough guys for a 22-23 man roster you open up more room as well, I get to around 10.2m-10.5M in cap space once I've finished moving everybody around

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's actually not. Maybe you haven't been paying enough attention to sports media. Marner offer sheet speculation has been ahead of Kawhi free agency speculation nearly every day.

Yesterday's meeting was the first time it took priority

What does that have to do with Matthews being a regular season floater exactly?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Last year their 5 v 5 production was almost identical, the PP angle fell apart sorry. But hey, you know what the hell you’re talking about it. And while you’re at it go look at JT’s career even strength totals year to year and compare it to this year. Cheers.

You're only looking at last year, I am talking about career. Matthews is one of the most productive 5v5 goal scorers in the last 3 years.

JT had some good goal totals but he's smack dab in the prime of his career and easily had the greatest supporting cast he's ever had around him. His career high only went up what? 3? 4 pts? Marner's career high jumped 25 pts.

Reactions: Kiwi and Menzinger

REM17

Jul 21, 2010
Switzerland

He already losing hair at 22?
Poor bugger:eek:

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
If Kawhi and Marner sign on the same day which one leads sportscentre?

Kawhi easily because he'd be leading every sports show from here to China.

Marner would be lucky to make the ticker scroll on ESPN while they're talking about Kawhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad