Salary Cap: Marner Contract Discussion Part XIX - Bert's Back in the Thread Title Game

Which would you choose

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I think that was a garbage contract, but it did avoid a potential mess. That's the only good thing about it, we avoided another drama.

I think with AM they just realized they are over the barrel no matter what happens in the future. They are just going to give him a blank check when his 5yr is done and hope he doesn't kill their whole cap. They are probably going to mention how they will have to drop player X and Y to accommodate his salary if its too crazy...hoping that sanity will prevail and he doesn't take all the available cash.

These "star" players are often judged on their Cup's and not just points when people look back at their careers. I hope the threat of people saying that he was a good player but never won anything will be scarier to him than feeling bad about leaving money on the table. If you look at Tom Brady and the fact he is always (last 10 yrs) in the bottom half of the highest paid QB's...you realize he helped his legacy by not being greedy. He deserves to be called the best of all time because he actually took one for the team. Let's hope this idea gets into AM's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad