Salary Cap: Marner Contract - $116,000,000 CANADIAN DOLLARS is the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Cool, if Marner sits the year this season is wasted and we traded Kadri for nothing. Good ol' greed never fails us..

Reactions: NiftyMits

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sit him the season; do not trade the guy; make him chill out with Ferris. Then trade him next season.

Leafs are BIGGER than you marner; we ain't gonna wait for your highness to sign. No player is bigger than the team NO ONE

enough is enough.

Marner was my favourite Leaf but I am so f***ing done with this BS. If he doesn't sign within a week; I hope Dubas grows some balls and makes the guy sit out the season

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Cool, traded Kadri for nothing because if Marner sits the year this season is wasted. Good ol' greed never fails us..

Not for nothing. Barrie is really good, if you don't know. And Kadri can't keep his cool in the playoffs, but that discussion has been beaten to death so let's not go there.

Reactions: nuck

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Marner is on the brink of losing the entire Leafs fanbase. No amount of money is worth being hated in your hometown for the rest of your life.

I imagine there are some serious conversations happening tonight in the Marner household. I wouldn't be surprised if the agent is fired tonight, the public media battle was a serious misread of the situation by Ferris.

I love odog. The man has my respect.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
Not for nothing. Barrie is really good, if you don't know. And Kadri can't keep his cool in the playoffs, but that discussion has been beaten to death so let's not go there.

I'm just saying without our best playmaker it's going to be very tough to go far this season, even with the addition of Barrie.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Marner is on the brink of losing the entire Leafs fanbase. No amount of money is worth being hated in your hometown for the rest of your life.

I imagine there are some serious conversations happening tonight in the Marner household. I wouldn't be surprised if the agent is fired tonight, the public media battle was a serious misread of the situation by Ferris.

I bet you NOTHING happens tomorrow. It will be same old same old. It's nauseating.

Reactions: Brown Dog

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nylander got so much hate, I cannot imagine what this is going to bring Marner. I almost feel bad for him...but not really.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Actually, Marner to Phoenix for Dvorak and Keller. Who says no? Keller has a glorious contract.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018

Yea it was bad enough with Nylander but this is getting absurd and going to leave a bitter taste. If he's really expecting to get more money than Matthews he's really letting ego and greed sour his reputation here. Oh well. F*ck him if that's the case. As soon as the regular season starts and he's not signed, I know I won't look at him the same, unless he ever redeems himself.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I thought this **** was supposed to be fun when your team finished tanking and became good?

I actually think I enjoyed us tanking more than this ****, the team may have sucked but they were a likable bunch of losers

I can't say that about this lot

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
I literally block his phone number at this point and come back Oct. 1 and tell them 8 years 9 mill or you get the **** out of here and go to Switzerland. And shop him to the worst hockey markets exclusively.
I would communicate a firm final offer. If it doesnt work, tell an insider, we are planning to have him sit the season. Plan a presser for later in the day when the insider breaks the news. Borderline slander him at the presser.

He will sign quick at the thought of losing 11M USD and his endorsement deals

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I would say the Leafs leaking the dollar amount has really turned public opinion and has paved the way for a divorce if need be. The fanbase, pundits, alumni have decided, and no one is siding with Mitch Marner.

He just burned up all the good will, all the soft power, marketing, brand image in this market. The guy is negotiating dirty like a Russian hold out in the mid 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad