Salary Cap: Marner Contract - $116,000,000 CANADIAN DOLLARS is the offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Only the elite get paid more at any time. And it does not matter if the elite are RFA or UFA. They all get paid.
No, there is a clear difference. A UFA on a short deal would get a premium, the exact price opposite applies to UFAs. So the years bought plays a significant factor. Anyone who doesn’t realize that is legit delusional about how the NHL operates.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
"By all accounts" means you are guessing because you don't know.

Just say you don't know but are happy to make things up to suit your argument. It's more transparent.
Look at what was reported at the time. I don’t make anything up. But, I guess I’ll get flack for saying this just like I did when I said Hunter would quit before working with Dubas. Oh, guess what happened....

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Because you said they did, and the burden of proof is on the one who makes the original claim?
No, everyone here claimed Willy caved. So the burden of proof by that logic resides with you, which you have no proof of.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It’s better to maximize value. Even if it’s sucks at a certain point.

Think about this for a second, were going to need to trade somebody off the roster to fit that deal so were losing talent for pennys on the dollar straight off to overpay Marner who's atrocious deal is going to limit the trade market for him

That's not maximising value to me, were taking an absolute bath
Sitting him doesn't look quite so bad now does it?

Reactions: kb

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I know this might be out there thinking but do you think these kids not having an Enforcer to watch making ballpark say a 1 million dollars. Doing hard duty, made overs over glorided as there's not don't f*** with that guy on the team. Making peanuts but bringing it everyday.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Think about this for a second, were going to need to trade somebody off the roster to fit that deal so were losing talent for pennys on the dollar straight off to overpay Marner who's atrocious deal is going to limit the trade market for him

No, you will get a larger return even if you have to pay someone to take Ceci at a reduced caphit. You will likely make it up in a year.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Exactly Kiwi, it's the stupidest move the Leafs could possibly make. It's amazing how some can't comprehend this, or refuse to comprehend it due to an underlying agenda.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just watched Mo's interivew from the golf classic; just guessing here but doesn't look like he is too thrilled to see his buds (naz and gards) go out to make room for marner and the guy is not even here as camp about to start

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Dubas was willing to sit him the year.

So who caved?
Again. Was he, we don’t know whether the offer was changed up in the final day. He absolutely didn’t get Nylander to his original preferred term which was Ehlers. So to say one side caved and the other didn’t is such a gross over simplification or the negotiation it’s a joke.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Exactly Kiwi, it's the stupidest move the Leafs could possibly make. It's amazing how some can't comprehend this, or refuse to comprehend it due to an underlying agenda.
You can’t comprehend UFA vs RFA years. Yet I don’t know what I’m talking now about. Your agenda is to blindly defend Dubas. Every deal he signs seems to be a winner after the fact for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->