Confirmed with Link: Marlies sign goalie Dryden McKay to 2 year AHL contract

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Last year the Marlies signed Petruzzelli to a 2 year AHL contract. This year McKay.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
GleamingSlipperyChipmunk-size_restricted.gif

JS Petite

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Last year the Marlies signed Petruzzelli to a 2 year AHL contract. This year McKay.
Looks like the brass has finally, FINALLY!! realized that we need help there and it cannot just be bought anymore. Hope they expand their coaching and goalie specific analytics too! 👍

Reactions: saltming

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I doubt McKay is signing here thinking he's the number 4 or 5. He's definitely looked at the depth chart and figures he can challenge for the backup job or at worst the AHL starter.

Hopefully for his sake Briere gets gone and is replaced by the best goalie coach available, politics be damned.

Mitch Korn or the goalie coach from LA that gave Garrett Sparks his confidence back

Reactions: JKG33

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
this is awesome! looking forward to seeing him develop, this could be a very good signing by the Leafs. :)

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It would be nice to finally have something go wayyyyyyyyyy better than expected for us, looking at his NCAA stats, I mean, its farfetched but possible, in the realm of fun fantasy times that other teams get

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not a bad signing but I'd like to see what we have in Petruzelli, especially considering he is 6'5. Hopefully he comes back to the Marlies. Maybe they can platoon? At this point I'm kinda over Joe Woll

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Wonder if this means we move on from Woll or Scott. Isn’t that kid Detroit originally drafted still signed for next year?

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
LOVE this. I didn't realize he could be signed while serving his 6-month ban.

He's Georgiev-sized and that turned a lot of scouts off.

Absolutely love this move. Huge upside.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs goalie depth as of right now for next season.

Mrazek
Kallgren
Woll
McKay

Hutchinson and Hutton are UFA and I’m assuming are gone. Campbell might be back and then you have an RFA in Scott. Not sure what Pertuzillis AHL deal length is and if they offer him an NHL contract.

Depth wise there is room for McKay to get playing time in the AHL as of right now. Can’t be worse than Hutchinson.

there is no way that Marazek back next season, they just can't do that

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
You guys are getting a good one. This kid is on another level. Superstar in the making.

He was caught for doping. He has a bit of a wild side and winning the Hobey is no small task. Ryan Miller was one of the only 3 goaltenders to win it. Robb Stauber was the other guy.

Because of his size, his lateral movement is very fast. Never out of position.

Last edited:

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
The last 10 Hobey Baker winners.
1-Dryden McKay
2-Cole Caufield
3-Scot Perunovich
4-Cale Makar
5-Adam Gaudette
6-Will Butcher
7-Jimmy Vesey
8-Jack Eichel
9-Johnny Gaudreau
10-Drew Leblanc

The people who select the Hobey know what they are doing. 6 stars out of that list of 10. And the other 3 have a high ceiling. This is a steal for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad