Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Really nice defensive play by Hollowell on the 3rd Marlies goal 4v4 by Korshkov

He separated that Sens guy from the puck crossing the blueline, forced him to the outside and sat him on his ass while he did it

Just a beautiful defensive play

Another Korshkov goal?

I've been seeing that recently.

What happened?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Shutout for Woll last game. 4 goals against in the 1st period today. Sums up his season.
All though the team has been bad today.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I always thought Bryan Marchment was one of the better body checkers in the NHL during his time. Mason is just like him in that regard. He's killing people today. He's on a pretty impressive scoring streak as well.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
That was the funnest game I've seen in a long time. The hits were flowing, mostly from the Marlies. Marchment, Read, Archibald, Hollowell, Korshkov. Everyone was into it physically tonight. The Marlies went down early 4-0 and 5-1 and they managed to tie the game 6-6 with about 10-15 seconds remaining. They won it in OT with a highlight reel move from Korshkov. Another pretty one from him.

Lots of positives in this game. There was no quit. They used there bodies well and earned penalties because of it. Duszak, Hollowell and Kivihalme looked pretty slick offensively.

Marchment and Korshkov are coming up soon and they are bloody entertaining.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That was the funnest game I've seen in a long time. The hits were flowing, mostly from the Marlies. Marchment, Read, Archibald, Hollowell, Korshkov. Everyone was into it physically tonight. The Marlies went down early 4-0 and 5-1 and they managed to tie the game 6-6 with about 10-15 seconds remaining. They won it in OT with a highlight reel move from Korshkov. Another pretty one from him.

Lots of positives in this game. There was no quit. They used there bodies well and earned penalties because of it. Duszak, Hollowell and Kivihalme looked pretty slick offensively.

Marchment and Korshkov are coming up soon and they are bloody entertaining.

Lots of negatives too though...

Still a lot of improvements that need to be made, because it's still been an unheralded disaster since Keefe has left.

Reactions: stickty111

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Wonder if Korshkov gets called up for the game against Buffalo. He brings something different than what they had in Aberg this past week.

Reactions: LFCTML

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Wonder if Korshkov gets called up for the game against Buffalo. He brings something different than what they had in Aberg this past week.
They would have called him up for today’s game . They wouldn’t make him play 3 days in a row with his third game being an NHL game.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marchment was probably called up too early as he was still getting back into things after his injury. I'd like to see him get another crack now, as he's on fire. Korshkov also looks like he deserves a look. Timashov isn't good enough to block one of them from playing

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I think the Leafs envisioned Korshkov staying down this year, despite almost making the team out of camp, because he still needs to work on his English. When he first came over last year Keefe had to keep him attached to Tima's hip as a translator and couldn't use him on any special teams because his instruction gets lost in translation. Another summer working with Underhill and working on his English before we see this guy full-time, i'd bet.

He certainly looks NHL ready. Easily our best forward prospect right now in my eyes.

Reactions: Magic Man

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think the Leafs envisioned Korshkov staying down this year, despite almost making the team out of camp, because he still needs to work on his English. When he first came over last year Keefe had to keep him attached to Tima's hip as a translator and couldn't use him on any special teams because his instruction gets lost in translation. Another summer working with Underhill and working on his English before we see this guy full-time, i'd bet.

He certainly looks NHL ready. Easily our best forward prospect right now in my eyes.
Not when Robertson is in the system

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marchment was probably called up too early as he was still getting back into things after his injury. I'd like to see him get another crack now, as he's on fire. Korshkov also looks like he deserves a look. Timashov isn't good enough to block one of them from playing

He's better than Marchment for sure. Marchment simply does not have the skill to play at the NHL level.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Down:

Gauthier
Timashov

Up:
Korshkov
Brooks

Hyman-Mathtews-Marner
Engvall-JT-88
Korshkov-Kerfoot-Kapanen