Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
They are guys who may or may not make it to our first round pick.

Although all three are projected top 5 picks right now so who knows.

I would be very very surprised if Power goes #1. I'd figure he's going in the top 5 though. I hope we're not picking there. Unlike Lilly, his size and mobility will make a team in the top 5 take a leap of faith even if he doesn't have a stellar season.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I 2019 draft was already sick with Robertson, Kokkonen, Abramov, and Abruzzese, now Koster is having a great start to the year.

Loponen, what a bust :sarcasm:

Loponen is quietly having a fantastic season too. That 2019 draft board looks pretty damn good for Dubas right now.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I would be very very surprised if Power goes #1. I'd figure he's going in the top 5 though. I hope we're not picking there. Unlike Lilly, his size and mobility will make a team in the top 5 take a leap of faith even if he doesn't have a stellar season.

I still have Brandt Clarke going #1

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone got anything on how Robertson is doing/looking at US World Jr. Camp?

I'm assuming he'll be top line LW, but have heard nothing.

genk

Nov 15, 2015

Toronto has already stated that they won’t release Robertson if the season gets up and running soon. With a rumoured start date of Jan. 13th, it’s almost a guarantee he doesn’t play in the WJ.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Thanks guys, the latest updates I had was that Toronto was going to release him.

Oh well, this news certainly makes me think the chances of Robertson making the Leafs is better than I expected.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Thanks guys, the latest updates I had was that Toronto was going to release him.

Oh well, this news certainly makes me think the chances of Robertson making the Leafs is better than I expected.
On the WJC preview show Bob said a decision hasn't been made one way or the other yet. I would assume one is coming quickly though. Teams are checking into the bubble on Sunday.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Toronto has already stated that they won’t release Robertson if the season gets up and running soon. With a rumoured start date of Jan. 13th, it’s almost a guarantee he doesn’t play in the WJ.
I would prefer that they release him personally. You only have so many chances to represent your country. I would rather see him go dominate for a few weeks rather than have him with the Leafs when Vesey can occupy that spot for now.

Reactions: Captain34

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I would prefer that they release him personally. You only have so many chances to represent your country. I would rather see him go dominate for a few weeks rather than have him with the Leafs when Vesey can occupy that spot for now.

From all reports, Robertson has sacrificed going home to spend time with family to stay in Toronto to skate/workout since the Leafs were eliminated in the playoffs, in hopes of cracking the Leaf roster. Who knows if Robertson even wants to go to the WJC if that in anyway impacts training camp, and his chances of making the team.

I'm selfish in wanting him to go, simply so I can watch him light the tournament up. I'm starved for hockey.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I also wanna see him go and dominate but when the tourney is over I want him in the leafs lineup on one of the top 3 lines while Vesey can have a seat

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
From all reports, Robertson has sacrificed going home to spend time with family to stay in Toronto to skate/workout since the Leafs were eliminated in the playoffs, in hopes of cracking the Leaf roster. Who knows if Robertson even wants to go to the WJC if that in anyway impacts training camp, and his chances of making the team.

I'm selfish in wanting him to go, simply so I can watch him light the tournament up. I'm starved for hockey.

my understanding was that he wanted to avoid quarantine, spend time with leafs and avoid losing training time. I think he’d be good going to wjc but who knows if he’d want to risk getting covid and potentially have prolonged respiratory issues.

I also wanna see him go and dominate but when the tourney is over I want him in the leafs lineup on one of the top 3 lines while Vesey can have a seat

i see vesey getting waived before sitting tbh

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I think it would be best for Robertson to go to the World Juniors.

My hope is that the AHL runs and the OHL doesn't. Go from World Juniors to AHL. Late season call up if he plays well.

Reactions: Guy Boucher

Deezone

Nov 10, 2020
I do think we will see Podkolzin and Khusnutdinov together since they played together in the Karjala cup. Amirov was their best skater, and probably deserves to play with the other best offensive threats

Amirov is an awesome player no doubt....Podkolzin was also rather DOMINANT at the Karjala too...
Hope Larionov keeps the triple threat line together.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

A line of Robertson Turcotte Caufield would be interesting... and smurfy... Turcotte would have to be distributing the puck a lot, to the two shooters.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A line of Robertson Turcotte Caufield would be interesting... and smurfy... Turcotte would have to be distributing the puck a lot, to the two shooters.
Not enough puck to go around imo. As we saw when Kapanen played with two pure shooters in Matthews/Tavares it rarely works having two on a line.

Robertson with Zegras could be really special though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Looks like Robertson won't be sent to WJ. I prefer him there but will be good to see him in camp.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It should be up to Robertson if he goes or not. If his priority is the Leafs, great. If he wants to take his last crack at WJC gold, he should be allowed to. He already had a training camp with the Leafs back in August, and has been working in Toronto for months now. Dominating the WJC would be pretty beneficial for him

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It should be up to Robertson if he goes or not. If his priority is the Leafs, great. If he wants to take his last crack at WJC gold, he should be allowed to. He already had a training camp with the Leafs back in August, and has been working in Toronto for months now. Dominating the WJC would be pretty beneficial for him
If Robertson is choosing to not go, that's more than fine. If the team is making this decision for him, I don't love it.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I think if the team told Robertson not to go means they told him there is a high possibility he is on the team.

To be honest I thought there was too many NHL bodies for Robertson, but I'm sure at their current stage, he's better than them lol.

Kids a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad