Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Got lost in translation with Miettinen here.

He had said, "Our bubble ends on the 21st, but its 50/50", and he now clarified he meant 50/50 as in the invite, and not 50/50 in terms of making it.

Kokkonen, Hirvonen, Niemela are there as expected.

2021 "top prospect" Aatu Raty is an interesting omission.

Shocking levels of omissions on the Finnish roster. Patrik Puistola missing as well, and he was the teams 2nd highest scorer last year in the event. Miettinen and Raty I can sort of get leaving off. Puistola must be him saying no, otherwise it's a crazy decision.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Shocking levels of omissions on the Finnish roster. Patrik Puistola missing as well, and he was the teams 2nd highest scorer last year in the event. Miettinen and Raty I can sort of get leaving off. Puistola must be him saying no, otherwise it's a crazy decision.
Just going over the Finland board, they are not happy about the omissions.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Koster is a very real prospect for the Leafs whose stock will rise over his NCAA career.

Very efficient modern day dman. Strong in transition and plays a tight gap. I like the Dermott comparison.
Dermott a really good skater, can he skate like Dermott?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Something I hadn't thought of but was brought up by Minnesotan @57special in the Prospects Thread on the mainboard is that 3 of U of Minnesota's D are going to the WJC for Team USA's camp and will be away from the team for a while. Koster should get quite a bit of ice-time in the top 4 over the next month.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Dermott a really good skater, can he skate like Dermott?
Koster is a pretty good skater. Their straight line speed is similar. I will have to watch more games to have a firm decision on koster’s mobility, but his technique is pretty good. From the brief glimpses of the game i saw today, koster is a fast decision maker and will box out the front of the net. He’s definitely better than whoever his d partner is as koster is really good at exiting the zone. On the pp, i’ve only seen him do one zone entry and it wasn’t good. They do that drop-pass play. His positioning is not bad.

The one downside to koster playing on the stacked team is that the entire team is pretty young so don’t expect high point totals until 2022 unless faber, johnson, and lacombe leave early. Of the three, i suspect johnson may leave the earliest (buf may pressure him to leave out of stupidity lol).

Koster makes the fewest mistakes in my opinion so he is similar to dermott in that regard. Before the season, i thought he was a pure offensive defensemen.

On a separate note, i am going to watch some tyler klevin for s**** and giggles during the wjc. He wasn’t that bad in the few shifts i saw. Sanderson was horrible in the first period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgs

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Something I hadn't thought of but was brought up by Minnesotan @57special in the Prospects Thread on the mainboard is that 3 of U of Minnesota's D are going to the WJC for Team USA's camp and will be away from the team for a while. Koster should get quite a bit of ice-time in the top 4 over the next month.
Yea Brinkman and Staudacher are the only other regulars left and they aren't very good. Hopefully Koster takes advantage of the situation.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I thought I had heard that NCAA were scheduling their schedule around the WJC so they would be little if any games mid-late December to early January. Looking at Minnesota's schedule I only see games up to December 9th and then there's nothing else definitive for the rest of the year which is weird.

Reactions: Prominence

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

#20's first point in the USHL. Interesting prospect if he can put it together with his late birthday

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
SDA has been getting good ice time with Torpedo and is producing well for a 20 year old in the KHL. Looks like he was injured in the November 29th game breaking a 4 game assist streak.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
What's going on with Joe Miller, 1 point in 6 games in the USHL as a d+1 doesn't aspire too much confidence.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
What's going on with Joe Miller, 1 point in 6 games in the USHL as a d+1 doesn't aspire too much confidence.

It's not ideal, but to be fair he's the youngest player in the draft class and the USHL this year especially is full of talent. Chicago is probably the most stacked team in the league too, so Miller isnt getting ideal minutes.

I think best case scenario his track will look like Abruzzese, but he's gotta step it up to even get there. Interesting project, but if he doesn't pick it up, he'll be uninteresting real soon.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nice positionong by Miettinen in the D zone, and simply just staying with his man, he intercepts the pass to stop a long shift.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
St. Cloud generates nothing without Miettinen on the ice. He needs to be promoted above the 3rd line.

Already 2-3 quality chances in the first despite playing minimal minutes.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Miettinen's best period so far. 2 solid chances. Solid positioning which broke up a long shift in his zone. Generally liked his compete level again like the 1st game.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
St. Cloud generates nothing without Miettinen on the ice. He needs to be promoted above the 3rd line.

Already 2-3 quality chances in the first despite playing minimal minutes.
It doesn't help they keep taking penalties. 3 in the 1st period, and had 3 in the 1st game. They haven't had a single PP on the season.
Sounds like a Leafs game lol

Reactions: Saint Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad