Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Korshkov still might be a player, but man what an awful pick. This board could have been polled together (I'm pretty sure we did it, but can't find it) and would have chosen better.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Kokkonen with 2 assists today in 19:29 ice time.
Rindell also a pretty assist as well. Played 15:54.
Rasanen -1 in 14:42

He looks like a forward pulling that move.

Very nice agility spinning off and curling to the middle.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Korshkov still might be a player, but man what an awful pick. This board could have been polled together (I'm pretty sure we did it, but can't find it) and would have chosen better.
I don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th liner, but yeah it was just a dumb pick at the time and looks even worse in hindsight. At least with Rasanen everyone in the vicinity kind of sucks too, so it's easier to take

Reactions: smitty10 and Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Glad Kokkonen has finally put up some points. Just adds to how unreal his season actually has been this year.

If he can manage to up his production and keep his dominant 5v5 play for this season he might be knocking on the Liljegren/Sandin tier of our prospects.

EDIT: Up to a 8.3 rel.CF%.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Apparently Korshkov will stay the entire year in the KHL.
Follow-up tweet says he would still be returning to the Leafs near the end of the year. If Lokomotiv goes on a playoff run (currently 3rd in their conference), he wouldn't return until after April.

He's playing 1st line minutes and leading Lokomotiv in scoring. Not a bad situation right now.

Reactions: smitty10

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I don't think he'll ever be more than a 4th liner, but yeah it was just a dumb pick at the time and looks even worse in hindsight. At least with Rasanen everyone in the vicinity kind of sucks too, so it's easier to take
Strange pick and even worse now. Even if he is a 4th liner, thats nowhere near good enough when looking at the puck we used to pick him. To think Debrincat was right there for the taking.
Glad Kokkonen has finally put up some points. Just adds to how unreal his season actually has been this year.

If he can manage to up his production and keep his dominant 5v5 play for this season he might be knocking on the Liljegren/Sandin tier of our prospects.

EDIT: Up to a 8.3 rel.CF%.
Yet despite his solid season, the Finnish board has him playing on the 3rd pair in the World Juniors. Some even have him not making the top 6 all together which I would be really surprised.
Looks like Niemela is stapled on the 1st pair with Hienola.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Follow-up tweet says he would still be returning to the Leafs near the end of the year. If Lokomotiv goes on a playoff run (currently 3rd in their conference), he wouldn't return until after April.

He's playing 1st line minutes and leading Lokomotiv in scoring. Not a bad situation right now.
Plus he's on a good team which is good, but I'm not confident he turns into anything more then a 4th liner.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don't mind that at all.

No room on the NHL roster this year, and probably easier to keep him over there to finish the year where he's doing really well, rather than bring him over for a partial AHL season.

I wouldn't be shocked if the same happens with SDA.
Yeah I think thats a positive. Interesting what they do with SDA.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Strange pick and even worse now. Even if he is a 4th liner, thats nowhere near good enough when looking at the puck we used to pick him. To think Debrincat was right there for the taking.

Yet despite his solid season, the Finnish board has him playing on the 3rd pair in the World Juniors. Some even have him not making the top 6 all together which I would be really surprised.

A Kokkonen-Niemela pairing would be incredible. Both guys have been absolutely dominant this season.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

If we picked Debrincat everyone would complain that he's small and skilled and wouldn't like him because we have enough players like that :laugh:

Reactions: taurine330

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Will there even be a 2021 WJC tournament? Team Canada members now in 14 day quarantine, all camp activities paused until Dec 6th. Alberta in lockdown, but somehow they are going to import teams from around the world, and play a hockey tournament... all while telling families not to gather for the Holidays.... seems, ummm weird and wrong, the optics are terrible. So far, two positive players, one team personnel.

Team Canada staying silent on COVID-19 situation

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/covid-19-cases-canada-world-junior-selection-camp-1.5814182

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Don't mind that at all.

No room on the NHL roster this year, and probably easier to keep him over there to finish the year where he's doing really well, rather than bring him over for a partial AHL season.

I wouldn't be shocked if the same happens with SDA.

I suspect SDA is getting so much ice because Leafs made a handshake agreement with Torpedo to leave him there the whole year.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Here's one of Kokkonen's assists:

His second assist was another secondary one. Didn't see what he did, but the guy with the primary assist made a really nice play.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Mac Hollowell is the Leafs 13th ranked prospect
There are some interesting details here that I didn't know about.

Straight from the article

"Since Hollowell was drafted as a 2nd time eligible, he couldn’t have signed an ELC that would have slid for a season. He went through the start of 18-19 without a contract but torched the OHL. He was eligible to sign an ELC for 19-20 on March 1, the ink was dry by March 7. It might not have resulted in much, but Hollowell was also the one who replaced Liljegren on the Leafs play-in roster this year.
He also signed an ELC that keeps him under the $800k emergency recall limit by $234. That means if the Leafs are capped out and have an injury on the blueline, Hollowell can play for $0 against the cap. I doubt that was a coincidence, and that ELC expires in 2022. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a few NHL games before then."

Dubas wouldn't structure the deal like that just because. Dubas clearly loves the kid and believes in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad