Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
yeah, that's weird. the KHL has different rules for assists, but I don't see why he wouldn't get one

I couldn't tell if he got the primary assist, or if the guy on the other team passed it to the goal scorer, but at the very least he should be getting a secondary assist if the guy who shot the puck got an assist.

If anyone didn't see, the play went like:

- SDA pass to the slot- guy shoots, rebound comes out
- SDA & Jukurit player fight/poke at the puck in the slot which ends up being a perfect pass to different Torpedo player
- One-time goal.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I couldn't tell if he got the primary assist, or if the guy on the other team passed it to the goal scorer, but at the very least he should be getting a secondary assist if the guy who shot the puck got an assist.

If anyone didn't see, the play went like:

- SDA pass to the slot- guy shoots, rebound comes out
- SDA & Jukurit player fight/poke at the puck in the slot which ends up being a perfect pass to different Torpedo player
- One-time goal.
Looks like he was credited with the secondary assist. It was a good shift for him, so it's nice to see him rewarded

Reactions: Fogelhund and Morgs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If SDA becomes a player, that D+1 season will be a mystery. Take away that, and he has been good everywhere. All camps, rookie tournaments, D+2, ECHL, and now KHL so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgs

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If SDA works becomes a player, that D+1 season will be a mystery. Take away that, and he has been good everywhere. All camps, rookie tournaments, D+2, ECHL, and now KHL so far.

Man needs someone to receive his passes. Really needs to work on his shot if he wants to make it to the NHL, and that just comes with strength I would say. He only has one goal in the KHL and it was not really a snipe, but the KHL is also much harder to score. At least he is maintaining his passing numbers, so that is promising.

I think it is a good thing the Leafs are keeping him over there for the rest of the year. Even if the AHL starts up, they have a lot more to offer him right now than the Marlies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Man needs someone to receive his passes. Really needs to work on his shot if he wants to make it to the NHL, and that just comes with strength I would say. He only has one goal in the KHL and it was not really a snipe, but the KHL is also much harder to score. At least he is maintaining his passing numbers, so that is promising.

I think it is a good thing the Leafs are keeping him over there for the rest of the year. Even if the AHL starts up, they have a lot more to offer him right now than the Marlies.

That Shootout goal though.... that had some zip to it.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

Looks like Holmberg returned earlier then expected. Picked up right where he left off.

Another guy having a fantastic season in a pro league. I wish I knew he was playing today!

He should be coming over to NA in the next year or two. Looks like a another potential NHL talent late in the draft.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
If SDA works becomes a player, that D+1 season will be a mystery. Take away that, and he has been good everywhere. All camps, rookie tournaments, D+2, ECHL, and now KHL so far.

To be honest, last year was a little underwhelming for him as well... started like a house on fire and then he was pretty much around a point per game for most of the season. He never really took the step I thought he could in the OHL, but it seems like the change of scenery might be working wonders for him right now. Hope that keeps up

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015

He will get way more playing time over there than he would in the AHL in my opinion based on how much they have rotated the rosters in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad