Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Hollowell shouldn't be on the Growlers
To be honest Hollowell was not good in the Marlies preseason game I watched live and it was against ECHL competition. He did not do well with players barreling down on him on the forecheck. There were a number of turnovers because of pressure. He also did not seem to be playing with the same intensity of a guy you would think would want to impress in camp. You can tell the hockey sense is there and he has skill, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Starting with the Growlers is probably the best thing for him to be perfectly honest in my opinion.

cipher

Jun 24, 2016
Bracco is good with time and space, he cant buy himself time and space in the NHL preseason. He doesnt not work hard to get the puck back for himself. That is either 1) his cardio is poor or 2) He doesnt have the will to work hard. I think its both at this point in his career.
He floats and was invisible in the pre-season due to the above , imo and is a long shot to make the NHL unless skating, cardio and compete level change.

This matches my thoughts as well. An extremely talented player with the puck, but one who provides almost negative value without it. What amazes me is that after some time in the minors it hasn't clicked yet for him that the defensive side of his game is the one that will get him promoted to the NHL.

He could lead the AHL in scoring this year and still not find himself on the team due to his tendency to float when the puck is on the other teams stick.

I hope he and or his camp realizes this is what's holding him back and he makes the adjustments that are needed. Imagine Bracco with Moore's compete level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad