Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Updated October 6th
Nicholas Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 6 Goals: 8 Assists: 5 Points: 13 SOG: 32 Rating: +5 ESP: 10 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 6 Goals: 2 Assists: 12 Points: 14 SOG: 10 Rating: +4 ESP: 10 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: 2 Points: 2 SOG: 5
Rating: +6 ESP: PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 5 Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Points: 5 SOG: 23 Rating: +3 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 8 Goals: 4 Assists: 4 Points: 8 SOG: 31 Rating: -5 ESP: 3 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 20 Rating: +3 ESP: 1 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 5 GAA: 3.82 SV%: .908 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI
Games: Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: POW: POM:

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 8 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: 7 Rating: +2 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 54.55 TOI: 11:49 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 11 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 19
Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 11:21 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 1 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 2
Rating: 1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 77.8 TOI: 13.04 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 6 Goals: 2 Assists: Points: 1 SOG: Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 9:17 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa
Games: 2 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 2 SOG: 8
Rating: 4 ESP: 1 PPP: CF%: 52.8 TOI: 21:36 POW: POM:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Kizimov is off to a terrible start and it will likely cost him a spot on the World Junior team this year. 0 points in 11 VHL games is pretty bad for a guy that should have been pushing for a KHL job at some point this year.

on the other hand, Vladislav Kara is off to a good start with 11 points in 11 games for his VHL team, leading the team by 3 points and he'll likely see some KHL action again this year.

Reactions: Lauro

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Kizimov is off to a terrible start and it will likely cost him a spot on the World Junior team this year. 0 points in 11 VHL games is pretty bad for a guy that should have been pushing for a KHL job at some point this year.

on the other hand, Vladislav Kara is off to a good start with 11 points in 11 games for his VHL team, leading the team by 3 points and he'll likely see some KHL action again this year.
I didn't realize how good of a start Kara is having. Maybe I should add him to this list.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
So I just rewatched the Marlies game to see Lilly's ice time. I got his ice time at 24:43 but I am probably off. I can't be entirely sure when Lilly exactly gets on the ice and off the ice. I have to rely on the camera angle, and see if Lilly is one the ice the next shift, and then go back and look at the other defencemen when they leave the ice. His ice time is probably somewhere between 24:40-25:45. I got his PP time at 4:40 again off by a few seconds. PK time was 4:08, which is not entirely accurate either.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I didn't realize how good of a start Kara is having. Maybe I should add him to this list.

I mean the guy did spend pretty much all of last year in the KHL on a pretty good team, which is not easy for someone of his age to do.

Kazan is playing some younger prospects again this year too, so I don't see why they are not playing Kara. He could probably be an upgrade on their 4th line.

Reactions: stickty111

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
He is getting ice time in all situations. I think people were disappointed in his point production last year without realizing that he probably did not receive #1 pp time, which is where d-men get a huge chunk of their points.
Rosen was #1 and Sandin was #2 for most of the year on the PP units.

Lijegren played very little on the PP until Rosen got hurt.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
Random question: did we ever confirm the condition on the 7th round pick we randomly got for Nolan Vesey? The usual places still list it as "unknown conditions". The Oilers did sign him, which is often the only condition on such deals... (looks like he didn't do much at either the AHL or ECHL level in his rookie pro year)

Random musing: anytime a prospect is described as having "average skating", I interpret that as he's a bad skater.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Random question: did we ever confirm the condition on the 7th round pick we randomly got for Nolan Vesey? The usual places still list it as "unknown conditions". The Oilers did sign him, which is often the only condition on such deals... (looks like he didn't do much at either the AHL or ECHL level in his rookie pro year)

Random musing: anytime a prospect is described as having "average skating", I interpret that as he's a bad skater.

Conditions are still unclear but I'm pretty certain the condition was if they signed him, and they did.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He is getting ice time in all situations. I think people were disappointed in his point production last year without realizing that he probably did not receive #1 pp time, which is where d-men get a huge chunk of their points.

Rosen was #1 and Sandin was #2 for most of the year on the PP units.

Lijegren played very little on the PP until Rosen got hurt.
Sandin was on the 1st PP, and Keefe kept that unit on for pretty much 1:30. Lilly's PP time was very little.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver

Another one is....he skates well for his size and according to capfriendly, that edmonton pick is ours in the next upcoming pick.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Another one is....he skates well for his size.

Depends on what else he provides. If he's a smart player, he can survive with average or possibly even below-average skating ability... Much more than a strong skater can survive with average or below average hockey IQ.

But if he's average or worse across the board, then chances are the guy isn't going to amount to much. Usually those guys are not very attractive prospects in the first place though.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Conditions are still unclear but I'm pretty certain the condition was if they signed him, and they did.

Capfriendly has it converted to us with him signing. No idea what else the condition would be. It's not like the guy was expected to be in the NHL, and if he was, we should be getting a lot more than a conditional 7th.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I always thought it was if vesey signed, we got a 7th, if not no pick.

EDIT: Actually on second thought, conditions appear to be undisclosed but no way we get something better than 6th round pick as veseys ncaa numbers look meh.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Capfriendly has it converted to us with him signing. No idea what else the condition would be. It's not like the guy was expected to be in the NHL, and if he was, we should be getting a lot more than a conditional 7th.

It says the conditions are unknown. The condition was speculated at the time, by the small reports about it, is that if he signed after traded we'd receive the pick if not, we got nothing.

I doubt it's more than just that.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
According to the AHL.com transactions the Marlies have recalled forward Ryan Moore from the Growlers.

Might as well. If he's not going to play, might as well not play in the AHL. At least he'll get some decent practices in.

He's really not that great of a player. He was one of the worst AHL contract signings on the Growlers last year.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Three points for Jeremy Bracco, stellar play of Kasimir Kaskisuo lead Toronto Marlies to opening night victory over Belleville | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Step and repeat for Jeremy Bracco, who led the way with three points; two were power-play assists while the third was accrued on the delayed penalty goal as he dominated when Toronto held the extra man.
“He just picked up where he left off,” said Keefe. “When the door opens, Braccs is going to take advantage and make some plays.”
Kasimir Kaskisuo is under pressure for a variety of reasons this season. Entering the final year of his second contract in Toronto and with a couple of prospects hot on his heels, the Finnish goaltender has to produce the sort of performances we saw from him during the Marlies’ unlikely playoff success last spring. This was a promising start — he stopped 30 of 31 shots with at least five saves on grade-A scoring chances for the Senators.
Egor Korshkov made the kind of impact I expected after a very strong showing in camp. On top of the goal and assist, he was engaged physically throughout and proved a handful for Belleville on the forecheck and at the net-front on the power play.
“This is a bit of a different team in that we are going to have to rely on our structure to really wear on teams and use our size,” said Keefe. “The skill — it’s going to take some time for that to come out, but we have to really wear on teams physically. We need to do that with good structure.”
Kenny Agostino was sat for precautionary reasons following a hit to the head. Sheldon Keefe noted he felt better after the game, but the organization will obviously take its time to evaluate with a potential head injury.
-Playing alongside Pierre Engvall and Pontus Aberg, I thought that lined showed a great deal of promise before being prematurely split apart.
Timothy Liljegren was a workhorse on the blue line and the power-play goal was just rewards for his performance at evens.
“I think he was frankly excited to get down here and get playing and get going,” said Keefe.
– There were too many debutants to go through them all, but Kivihalme was solid if unspectacular, although he was burnt a little on the lone goal. Jordan Schmaltz opened his account and was steady while Ben Harpur failed to impress me with some of his decision making throughout the game in the defensive zone.
– It’s a big year for Adam Brooks who posted two assists and should have added a goal to his account, but the top line with Darren Archibald and Jeremy Bracco either side of him was a constant threat.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kaskisuo has been very good since the playoffs of last year. He had a pretty rough season but he might have turned a corner a bit since then.

I think he's a pretty underrated 3rd stringer and a good veteran starter for the Marlies.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Three points for Jeremy Bracco, stellar play of Kasimir Kaskisuo lead Toronto Marlies to opening night victory over Belleville | Maple Leafs Hotstove

Step and repeat for Jeremy Bracco, who led the way with three points; two were power-play assists while the third was accrued on the delayed penalty goal as he dominated when Toronto held the extra man.
“He just picked up where he left off,” said Keefe. “When the door opens, Braccs is going to take advantage and make some plays.”
Kasimir Kaskisuo is under pressure for a variety of reasons this season. Entering the final year of his second contract in Toronto and with a couple of prospects hot on his heels, the Finnish goaltender has to produce the sort of performances we saw from him during the Marlies’ unlikely playoff success last spring. This was a promising start — he stopped 30 of 31 shots with at least five saves on grade-A scoring chances for the Senators.
Egor Korshkov made the kind of impact I expected after a very strong showing in camp. On top of the goal and assist, he was engaged physically throughout and proved a handful for Belleville on the forecheck and at the net-front on the power play.
“This is a bit of a different team in that we are going to have to rely on our structure to really wear on teams and use our size,” said Keefe. “The skill — it’s going to take some time for that to come out, but we have to really wear on teams physically. We need to do that with good structure.”
Kenny Agostino was sat for precautionary reasons following a hit to the head. Sheldon Keefe noted he felt better after the game, but the organization will obviously take its time to evaluate with a potential head injury.
-Playing alongside Pierre Engvall and Pontus Aberg, I thought that lined showed a great deal of promise before being prematurely split apart.
Timothy Liljegren was a workhorse on the blue line and the power-play goal was just rewards for his performance at evens.
“I think he was frankly excited to get down here and get playing and get going,” said Keefe.
– There were too many debutants to go through them all, but Kivihalme was solid if unspectacular, although he was burnt a little on the lone goal. Jordan Schmaltz opened his account and was steady while Ben Harpur failed to impress me with some of his decision making throughout the game in the defensive zone.
– It’s a big year for Adam Brooks who posted two assists and should have added a goal to his account, but the top line with Darren Archibald and Jeremy Bracco either side of him was a constant threat.

About right for me. Didn't really notice the Engvall/Aberg line too much. Engvall did make a few nice plays, as you would expect for someone of his quality. I also noticed that Aberg missed the net like 5 times that game. IDK if it was a bad game or his shot has terrible accuracy, but he's not scoring much with that thing. He did get into good scoring zones though so if he could just hit his spots, he'd be a premier goal scorer in the AHL.

Harpur was fine to me as well. Wasn't really that noticeable, which is a good thing for a guy like him. I know he was paired with Schmaltz and in general that pairing did not make any major mistakes. Gravel/Rubins was by far the worst. Rubins was about as good as you would expect for a younger defenseman only on an AHL deal, but Gravel was just as bad, if not worse. Looked like he did not know what the heck he was doing out there. Perhaps it had to do with playing with Rubins (who was on his offside), but the comments he made about Harpur were far more applicable to Gravel.

If the Marlies are going to be using Rubins on his offside that often, I would just send him down in favour of Hollowell/Duszak. Rubins should be a guy who gives Harpur/Gravel a break on the left side, not taking a RD job away from Lindgren, Hollowell and Duszak.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Updated October 6th
Nicholas Robertson OHL PTB
Games: 6 Goals: 8 Assists: 5 Points: 13 SOG: 32 Rating: +5 ESP: 10 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

SDA OHL PTB
Games: 6 Goals: 2 Assists: 12 Points: 14 SOG: 10 Rating: +4 ESP: 10 PPP: 4 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen OHL SDB
Games: 7 Goals: Assists: 2 Points: 2 SOG: 5
Rating: +6 ESP: PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Riley Stotts WHL CGY
Games: 5 Goals: 3 Assists: 2 Points: 5 SOG: 23 Rating: +3 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: 1 POM:

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 8 Goals: 4 Assists: 4 Points: 8 SOG: 31 Rating: -5 ESP: 3 PPP: 5 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Filip Kral WHL SPO
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 20 Rating: +3 ESP: 1 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

Zachary Bouthillier QMJHL SNB
Games: 5 GAA: 3.82 SV%: .908 SO: POW: POM:

Mike Koster USHL TRI

Nicholas Abruzzese NCAA UofH

Ryan O'Connell NCAA UofO

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 8 Goals: 1 Assists: 1 Points: 3 SOG: 7 Rating: +2 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 54.55 TOI: 11:49 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov VHL Lada
Games: 11 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 19
Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 11:21 POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 1 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 2
Rating: 1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 77.8 TOI: 13.04 POW: POM:
Nuorten SM Liga Jukurit U20
Games: 6 Goals: 2 Assists: Points: 1 SOG: Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Eemeli Rasanen KHL Jokerit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 3
Rating: -2 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 9:17 POW: POM:
Mestis K-Vantaa