Prospect Info: Marlies & Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Timashov's shown some nice progression through his first 3 AHL seasons

He'll need to take another jump entering his 4th pro year for me to consider him having a shot with the Leafs .. Likely clears waivers anyway so no big deal

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Timashov probably goes the same route as Moore did last year as long as he impresses Babcock at camp for the 2nd year in a row.

Clears waivers early, comes up late in the year if we need him and maybe shows enough to stick.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Timashov probably goes the same route as Moore did last year as long as he impresses Babcock at camp for the 2nd year in a row.

Clears waivers early, comes up late in the year if we need him and maybe shows enough to stick.

Moore didn't need waivers last year.

Reactions: justafan22

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Timashov doesn’t have the wheels that Moore has, which is the #1 reason I don’t think he ever gets a sniff in the league, at least on our team.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I think Timashov makes the Leafs as an extra forward. My reasoning: he's a risk to lose for nothing, has an NHL strong lower body, good at cycling in the offensive zone, pretty decent skill, capable of taking a breakout pass at a high tempo... He's Trevor Moore last season (and a year younger).

Reactions: Jeypic

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I think Timashov makes the Leafs as an extra forward. My reasoning: he's a risk to lose for nothing, has an NHL strong lower body, good at cycling in the offensive zone, pretty decent skill, capable of taking a breakout pass at a high tempo... He's Trevor Moore last season (and a year younger).

Defensively a work-in-progress and wildly inconsistent too though. Another year in the AHL could make him into something, but I highly doubt anyone claims him. Keeping him on the bench in the NHL is not what he needs right now. He needs consistent playing time and, if things work out, he may blossom into a more playmaking version of Johnsson.

Reactions: Jeypic

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Defensively a work-in-progress and wildly inconsistent too though. Another year in the AHL could make him into something, but I highly doubt anyone claims him. Keeping him on the bench in the NHL is not what he needs right now. He needs consistent playing time and, if things work out, he may blossom into a more playmaking version of Johnsson.
I agree with this. If Timashov makes the Leafs, it's undeserved and he only made it because of the waivers situation.
Bracco should make it before him. All though both in an ideal world will be back with the Marlies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Timashov is included in a deal.

I imagine he and his agent realize he's likely been passed over, and an NHL future isn't with us. So I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out that he and his agent quietly asked for a move, similar to what Rinat Valiev did

I could see us send Gauthier & Timashov somewhere for a conditional pick(s) based on how many games they play.

Reactions: supermann_98

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if Timashov is included in a deal.

I imagine he and his agent realize he's likely been passed over, and an NHL future isn't with us. So I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out that he and his agent quietly asked for a move, similar to what Rinat Valiev did

I could see us send Gauthier & Timashov somewhere for a conditional pick(s) based on how many games they play.

I don't think he's necessarily been "passed over". He just knew it was always going to be a dogfight to get playing time with a bunch of quality skilled wingers in our system, so unless he passed over guys himself, he wasn't going to make it.

However if you think about it, the Leafs are probably going to be looking for replacement wingers next year. The Leafs may deem Johnsson expendable if he's only putting up a 40-45 point pace at 3.4 mill as an offensive winger. They'd get a great return on a trade for him, but they may be willing to give a shot to a younger and cheaper guy (and someone like Timashov would fit very well if he takes that next step).

If the Leafs trade Gauthier, I think they get a guaranteed pick in the 4th round or something around there. We shouldn't have to provide waiver protection for him, because a lot of teams would want someone like him. If it's Timashov, it would also have to be worthwhile. This is a guy who, in a lot of ways, looked like Johnsson from two years ago. Like I said, he's more of a playmaking version where he'll trade 5 goals for 5 assists, and Johnsson was a bit better defensively IMO, but Timashov put up similar point totals at 22 vs. Johnsson at 22 and did not always get the same quality of ice time Johnsson did right out of the gate when he first came over. There is a lot of value in Timashov still, but luckily not enough there yet to warrant a team claiming him.

Next year he could easily continue to follow the Johnsson path, explode to a PPG+ in the AHL, and be ready for a full time NHL job to replace a guy like Johnsson if he is too expensive to keep.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

I'm sure the Leafs would be more than open to give him an AHL deal, but it's going to be really tight for playing time on the Marlies next year. I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to the ECHL either and he's too good for it now anyways.

Leafs could end up trading his rights.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY
I'm sure the Leafs would be more than open to give him an AHL deal, but it's going to be really tight for playing time on the Marlies next year. I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to the ECHL either and he's too good for it now anyways.

Or the leafs could loan him to another ahl team.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

Didnt we already lose his rights?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Or the leafs could loan him to another ahl team.

That's a little bit trickier. I do not remember any cases of being able to do that with guys on AHL contracts. I know you can loan them to different ECHL teams (which is no help in this situation) and that guys on ECHL could be called up to different AHL teams. I also know that if they are on ELC's they can be loaned out, but I wouldn't give him one right now if possible.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Because he signed in the KHL before his rights expired, we now have his rights indefinitely

Unless he leaves the KHL, which is the problem now. Unless he goes to the NLA or another KHL team, we have to sign him right away I think or we lose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad