Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - Who ordered a taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I hope some other NHL team feels that way and gives us a late round pick for him. There is simply no room for him and I would rather give Kral the chance to develop in the spot that he would otherwise occupy.

His defensive game is simply not good enough if we want to have guys like Hollowell, etc. on our roster as well. We need someone, even if it is a veteran, who can handle some tough defensive minutes.
Agreed RE Kral, but he can also play RD which opens up room.

I just prefer Rubins to Hollowell, Duszak, Kivihalme, etc. personally. He's more of my preferred defender prototype and I think he has the most realistic chance of being an NHLer out of that bunch. Problem is management seems to love Hollowell so if him playing is a priority, you've got a point there. They need another Loverde veteran-type addition on that blueline and it gets crowded quick.

At the same time, Rubins is likely a 3rd pair D at best so if they can recoup some futures it wouldn't sting. Pretty confident he'll get that chance soon though.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Victoriaville wins 2-0 in game 5 and are headed to the finals.
Just like the 2nd series, Abramov was a bit quiet but still PPG with 5 points. Still a very solid 19 points in 13 games.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Victoriaville wins 2-0 in game 5 and are headed to the finals.
Just like the 2nd series, Abramov was a bit quiet but still PPG with 5 points. Still a very solid 19 points in 13 games.

Charlottetown has to be shocked. They were the best team in the league and it was widely expected to be Charlottetown vs. Val D'Or in the final.

Victoriaville clawed their way to the Finals, but I imagine they will get dispatched by Val D'Or relatively easily. Val D'Or has a ton of 1st round NHL talent and it well rested.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Kind of surprised Liljegren and Robertson haven't been added to the playoff roster yet.

Amirov is in town though too so maybe they're doing some private sessions with the development staff.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Kind of surprised Liljegren and Robertson haven't been added to the playoff roster yet.

Amirov is in town though too so maybe they're doing some private sessions with the development staff.

Liljegren is not? I thought I saw Liljegren, Kossila, Marincin, and Rosen listed as Leafs scratches the other night on Twitter.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
anyone watch any of the Sweden games? how's Holmberg and Hallander look?
I don't watch their games, but ...
  • after 4 of 7 games in the preliminary round Sweden has only won 1 game and is 8th in Group A ... behind Denmark, Great Britain and Belarus :laugh: love it
  • Pontus Holmberg has 12:22 minutes ice-time in 2 games
  • Filip Hallander was also in 2 games, ice-time: 0:00

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Charlottetown has to be shocked. They were the best team in the league and it was widely expected to be Charlottetown vs. Val D'Or in the final.

Victoriaville clawed their way to the Finals, but I imagine they will get dispatched by Val D'Or relatively easily. Val D'Or has a ton of 1st round NHL talent and it well rested.
We'll see I guess. Victoriaville did take game 1.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Scott Pooley signs with Lukko in the Liiga.

Good for him, but not a big loss for the Marlies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This guy has our prospect pool at #4 with a pretty glowing review if you check out the top 10.

What is most impressive is how we're able to be that high on the list all while being a top 10 team in the NHL over the last 4 seasons. We are easily the only team in that top 10 who has had sustained regular season success over the last 5 seasons. I've been very impressed with Leafs scouting staff for the last number of years. They have done everything they can to give us the stock pile of young talent to have sustained success

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
This guy has our prospect pool at #4 with a pretty glowing review if you check out the top 10.

He has a link to a write-up about each team, which includes his Top 5 leaf Prospects. Looks like he is pretty high on Hallander and Amirov.

Top 5 Skater Prospects: Nick Robertson, Rasmus Sandin, Filip Hallander, Rodion Amirov and Timothy Liljegren

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
He has a link to a write-up about each team, which includes his Top 5 leaf Prospects. Looks like he is pretty high on Hallander and Amirov.

Top 5 Skater Prospects: Nick Robertson, Rasmus Sandin, Filip Hallander, Rodion Amirov and Timothy Liljegren
Damn thats a thin crop

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Bader's rankings are strictly model based. Not surprised at all Ottawa is that "low" with how he talks about them. Especially how they wasted their draft last year with low-upside picks outside of Stutzle. He ranks them based on past comparables (based on NHLe) and their success they had in the NHL. He looks at likelihood of being an NHLer (100GP) and likelihood of being a star (over a certain PPG, can't remember).

He absolutely LOVES the Leafs drafts. He's talked about how since Dubas took over he's taken approximately 1 extra potential NHLer (based on draft position) each draft. Only team in history to do it based on his model.

He talks about how we don't have the ridiculous potential stars of a team like LA/NYR (which is normally how people rank prospects), but we have insane depth to go along with an above average top-5 guys. I mean he has us ranked 3rd in guys that have over 30% chance of being NHL players and 2nd in guys with at least 10% chance of being stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad