Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think it's a mistake to keep Liljegren (and Robertson) on the Marlies for much longer. Bad habits can creep into your game if you're playing at a level that's too easy for you. Young players need to be challenged to keep growing

Agreed but he still has a challenge for while he's on the Marlies and that's to play top pair PP and PK, and to lead the team to wins ... but for sure he's a rock back there on defense and is so confident moving the puck calmly out of his zone, and once hes inside on the others teams blueline he's always doing something creative.

His defense in transition has been spotless and his stick is most often in the correct position to cut off passes while having good gap control. I could see him and Muzzin being a perfect pairing

Reactions: aingefan

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I really like the Stockton heat announcer. Very positive even in a blowout lol. But he’s definitely one of the better ones out there
He was doing what he could to keep the stockton fans feeling positive, "All they need is just a little lucky break and the dams will open up and the goals will come" ...that's what he kept repeating after every goal we scored lol

Reactions: Atomos2

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He was doing what he could to keep the stockton fans feeling positive, "All they need is just a little lucky break and the dams will open up and the goals will come" ...that's what he kept repeating after every goal we scored lol
Loved when he was setting up the next game for Tuesday. "Not saying you should play hooky from work, but you know, two screen, split screen" lol

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
True. I think it's easy to make a case for Robertson being better than Vesey right now though
Ya I think if it weren't for the injury he would be in the NHL. Doesn't hurt if his ELC slides though, we should try to be good for as long as possible, the odds of winning cups is much better by being a top 10 team for a decade than a top 3 team for a couple of years

Last edited:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

The fact they are comparable is amazing. We have 2 stud prospects on the back end.

Nice that people are finally noticing with Liljegren and writing about it. Even if you take out his defensive game his progress has been awesome:

Age 18: 4th highest PPG ever
*Age 19: 17th highest PPG ever (closest to Ryan Suter)
*Age 20: 9th highest PPG ever (Closest to Shea Theodore)

*-very little PP time in each of those seasons

-If he can approach a PPG in his age 21 season, only Oliver-Ekman Larsson has ever done that.

This is a really good prospect and he deserves credit for it.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
To be fair Liljegren looked bloody good last year as well, the kid is solid as a rock

I don't mind him fighting for a spot but I'd like to see a path for him to make the NHL team sooner rather than later

He’ll need to accomplish 1 of 2 things to make this happen:

1. He’ll need to be objectively better and more consistent than an RD that would sign a <$2m contract with the Leafs; or
2. He’ll need to lose his waiver eligibility and be at least as good as an RD that would sign a league min. contract with the Leafs.

It’s not a whole lot to ask.

Reactions: The Iceman

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
Does anyone know why Mac Hollowell was subject of speculation that the Leafs would use him this year? He seems so far down the depth chart, doesn't have any real track record in the AHL or other immediate NHL ready qualities to speak of.
I thought he was in the bubble last year, and the idea stemmed from there.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What happened to Ian Scott. I know Woll is on the taxi squad with Campbell's injury, but what happened to Scott?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect of the month #3
I have 2 candidates here and it's surprising ones. Kalle Loponen and POW winner Artur. This one is tough. Loponen had 6 points in 5 games with 5 coming at ES. Artur put up a 1.87 GAA and .932 SV% in 6 combined regular season and playoff games. This one is really tough and I could use the rule last year, that I can give co-winners for only POM, but I am going to give to Artur. Those are great numbers, and Loponen only misses out because 5 of his came at ES. If all 6 came, then I would have given both the award.

Sad stuff, but it's better then giving it to Ovchinnikov every month with the way he is dominating his league. Luckily for them, Ovi only played 2 games in the MHL this month where he had 5 points. It's not fair to give it to a player who played 2 games.

Reactions: The Iceman

daethfromabove1979

Jun 20, 2006
Prospect of the month #3
I have 2 candidates here and it's surprising ones. Kalle Loponen and POW winner Artur. This one is tough. Loponen had 6 points in 5 games with 5 coming at ES. Artur put up a 1.87 GAA and .932 SV% in 6 combined regular season and playoff games. This one is really tough and I could use the rule last year, that I can give co-winners for only POM, but I am going to give to Artur. Those are great numbers, and Loponen only misses out because 5 of his came at ES. If all 6 came, then I would have given both the award.

Sad stuff, but it's better then giving it to Ovchinnikov every month with the way he is dominating his league. Luckily for them, Ovi only played 2 games in the MHL this month where he had 5 points. It's not fair to give it to a player who played 2 games.

Didn’t realize it was playoffs for Akhtyamov, looks like his team is down 2-0.

It has been a very poor stretch for our prospects lately, nobody is really standing out and putting up lots of points. I guess we should be glad that the majority of them are at least playing though, good call not drafting from the OHL or WHL.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad