Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2023-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Regarding Knies' NCAA production, there's definitely a trend of productive bigmen not needing to put up the same videogame numbers in the NCAA to translate- Oshie/JVR/Pacioretty/Lee/Kreider/Tuch

Knies seems to have a bit of a nasty side in him but hard to bring out at USHL / NCAA levels.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Box score showed he played yesterday??

Yeah, not sure what happened. Either that or the backup got hurt and he got tossed back in?
Weird......according to this, he's not eligible.....

Hobey Baker winner Dryden McKay discusses suspension for banned substance - Sportsnet.ca

Greene advised McKay to accept the six-month penalty.

“Typically the range (for a non-intentional ingestion) is somewhere between four-to-eight months or four-to-10 months, depending on the situation,” Greene said. “They offered him six months, which is in-line with a lot of cases I’ve been involved with. He had a decision if he wanted to accept the six months or go forward to a hearing. We just decided it made the most sense to accept the six-month ban. Let the process start now that his season was over.”

McKay can resume practising with a team on Aug. 25 and play games on Oct. 11.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Weird......according to this, he's not eligible.....

Hobey Baker winner Dryden McKay discusses suspension for banned substance - Sportsnet.ca

Greene advised McKay to accept the six-month penalty.

“Typically the range (for a non-intentional ingestion) is somewhere between four-to-eight months or four-to-10 months, depending on the situation,” Greene said. “They offered him six months, which is in-line with a lot of cases I’ve been involved with. He had a decision if he wanted to accept the six months or go forward to a hearing. We just decided it made the most sense to accept the six-month ban. Let the process start now that his season was over.”

McKay can resume practising with a team on Aug. 25 and play games on Oct. 11.
Mayyyyybe pre-season games count as practice?
I’m reaching prolly, just saw the box score.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
wyatt schingoethe. He was on the 5th line in the last wmu game. He is behind a freshman who put 130 points in the ajhl as a 20 year old and a guy from a very inferior league.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
wyatt schingoethe. He was on the 5th line in the last wmu game. He is behind a freshman who put 130 points in the ajhl as a 20 year old and a guy from a very inferior league.
That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.
A long time.

Reactions: LeafChief

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Minten has been solid and unfortunately got injured in training camp but David Goyette right now has 5 goals 5 assists in 5 games.

It's a long season, but I hope the Leafs didn't screw up there.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Minten has been solid and unfortunately got injured in training camp but David Goyette right now has 5 goals 5 assists in 5 games.

I'm just hoping it doesn't taken Minten too long to get up to speed.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not that concerned about that.

Sure it would be nice to see him in the WJC, but that's secondary to improving and becoming a solid prospect for the Leafs.

I think the season after is where he would be considered a prime contender for the team right?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the season after is where he would be considered a prime contender for the team right?

I was not disappointed with what I saw from him in camp.
Injury ended that but he didn't look overwhelmed as an 18 year.
He should add some muscle going forward and 2 years would be more than acceptable.
Heck, some time in the AHL wouldn't indicate failure at all.

Reactions: 3headeddragon

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Goal scoring across the OHL is fairly high right now. OHL has struggled producing good goalies for a few years now. 2/3 of the best save percentages in the league belong to the two lone Import goalies.

That being said, certainly would not be surprised if we do regret that pick.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Goal scoring across the OHL is fairly high right now. OHL has struggled producing good goalies for a few years now. 2/3 of the best save percentages in the league belong to the two lone Import goalies.

That being said, certainly would not be surprised if we do regret that pick.

Most picks are regrettable.

This one always comes to mind. I know there are tonnes of others but this one is my usual oh dear!

1665421038924.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad