Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2023-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I am just happy to see Rodion looking happy and healthy to some degree. I am sure he still has an uphill climb ahead of him, but he sure as hell wouldn't let that be known by he has shown on social media throughout this entire process. I don't know how anyone could not be rooting for this kid. Great attitude and mental strength. Exactly the type of players we need in this organization.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I am just happy to see Rodion looking happy and healthy to some degree. I am sure he still has an uphill climb ahead of him, but he sure as hell wouldn't let that be known by he has shown on social media throughout this entire process. I don't know how anyone could not be rooting for this kid. Great attitude and mental strength. Exactly the type of players we need in this organization.
Well said. I am pulling for the kid on a personal level, regardless whether or not he can play again.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Well said. I am pulling for the kid on a personal level, regardless whether or not he can play again.
Yup, and I think having him in Toronto training, around all the Marlies and Leafs will serve as such an inspiration. Like imagine trying to take a set off in the gym, or a optional skate off when a guy like Rodion is doing all of that despite the clear and obvious disadvantages he faces daily.

Some things are just bigger than the game. I really think this kid was always meant to be a Leaf and there will be a purpose for him in our organization whether he takes the ice at an NHL level some day or not.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Matthew Knies, Minnesota | Forward | Sophomore​

Minnesota collectively breathed a sigh of relief after Knies determined he would return for his sophomore season instead of signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Knies is a powerful forward that commands attention when he's on the ice, putting up 33 points (15g, 18a) in 33 games as a freshman last season while also suiting up with the United States at the Olympics in Beijing. The Phoenix, Arizona, native got better as the season went on last year, finishing with three goals and an assist in three NCAA tournament games. He should make another leap in his development this season.

A unanimous selection to the preseason All-Big Ten First Team, Knies is already off to a strong start with two goals and an assist through the first two games of the year.

Reactions: LeafSteel

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Knies better be well over ppg this year or else I start heavily doubting his upside.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What do you mean by "well over" Beniers put up 43 points in 37 games last year, and is considered a top prospect, with a chance at the Calder this year.

true, though that's not great production for Beniers either, though he looked dynamite in the NHL. But Knies is the same age as Beniers so I hope he can equal Benier's 19yr old production at 20.

Otherwise, though, just PPG in NCAA at 20 isn't very projectable to good NHL scoring.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Regarding Knies' NCAA production, there's definitely a trend of productive bigmen not needing to put up the same videogame numbers in the NCAA to translate- Oshie/JVR/Pacioretty/Lee/Kreider/Tuch

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

1st of two pre season games for the Marlies. All but maybe 3 will go down to the Growlers.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Toyberg with the wraparound assist to schandor.

He’s also improving his zone entries.

He could have gotten an assist if his teammate skated further towards the empty net.

He generated so many opportunities this game. Had a breakaway too.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies win 3-1 in their final pre season game. They go 2-0.
Season starts on Friday

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad