Marlies GDT: Marlies Calder Cup Champions!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm happy for these guys. Many will never play for the big club here in Toronto, but several of them will, and they will have a championship mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonjovi0308

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Someone tell me if Johnsson projects to play in the NHL and is he a 2/3/4 liner?

Everything goes according to plan and he's an ideal 3rd liner who PKs and PPs. His playmaking is something that I've underrated, at the AHL level at least, and so he may be dynamic enough, both offensively and defensively, to succeed on a 2nd line. But I've been a fan since he was drafted so that may just be the optimism talking.

My impression, anyways.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Wrong. He's the next Arvidsson. 1st liner, but not Nylander/Marner level.
Hope you're right, but you probably aren't. A sub 60 point player probably is not considered an ideal first liner by many people.
I would have him on Matthews line over Hyman anyday!
I am calling him a 2nd or 3rd line in terms of describing his talent. Anyone can play on the 1rst line if they fill a role or have chemistry. Is Hyman a #1 LW? If someone asked his upside would you say he is an NHL #1 LW? No. But he is our #1 LW.

He'll start in JVR's spot IMO but ultimate his actual line will depend on balance and chemistry.

Reactions: 7even

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Just for my own curiosity I went back and re-watched that 'goal' at no point on any angle does the puck clearly go over the line. I watched the first shot, which is saved then falls down to pad, glove side, Sparks loses glove but pushes puck with hand out then all the stick side/whistle stuff starts.

Reactions: OddyOh

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Hope you're right, but you probably aren't. A sub 60 point player probably is not considered an ideal first liner by many people.

I am calling him a 2nd or 3rd line in terms of describing his talent. Anyone can play on the 1rst line if they fill a role or have chemistry. Is Hyman a #1 LW? If someone asked his upside would you say he is an NHL #1 LW? No. But he is our #1 LW.

He'll start in JVR's spot IMO but ultimate his actual line will depend on balance and chemistry.
Tf? Arvidsson's last 2 seasons have been above 60 points, not sub 60. And 60 points is definitively 1st line production, while league-wide range of players who play top line is from ~40-90 points, so 50 points with awesome two way play is a decent 1st liner to me. Hell, JVR is considered a decent 1st liner with 60 point play and 0 2 way game. I don't think we're downgrading from JVR -> Johnsson this season.

And considering Johnsson put up like 48 points in his last 31 games that by all math out there translates to NHL level play of a 60 point player (not of a future peak, that's if they were playing in NHL instead of AHL during that spree), I'm pretty confident he hits at least 50 in his first NHL season and clears 60 points at least twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad