Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Oilers are a joke, but they don't pretend to be anything else.

I think the Oilers have to find some way to be all in on a Tavares type player this summer.

Imagine the Leafs without Tavares this year!
I don't need to imagine, Leafs made the playoffs without Tavares 2 years in a row! Oilers cant even come close with the best player in the world.
The media seems to ride on guys like Ethan Bear. If he was good, wouldnt he be a full time member already?
Maybe because it's the Oilers, and they try to find hope in any way, it makes fans think he is good when he isn't.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't need to imagine, Leafs made the playoffs without Tavares 2 years in a row! Oilers cant even come close with the best player in the world.
The media seems to ride on guys like Ethan Bear. If he was good, wouldnt he be a full time member already?
Maybe because it's the Oilers, and they try to find hope in any way, it makes fans think he is good when he isn't.

Oh, we know how bad the Oilers are, even after they actually won a round in the playoffs they came back to earth.

They have about 5 good players.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Oh, we know how bad the Oilers are, even after they actually won a round in the playoffs they came back to earth.

They have about 5 good players.
McDavid is great. He can carry the entire team for a round.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keaton Middelton has 4 points in his last 20 games.
I guess the Middelton over Lilly posts were illogical.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
In his post game interview, Keefe had praise for Lilly.
"I thought they(Sandin and Lilly) moved the puck extremely well, very efficiently. The fact they are putting themselves in spots to have the puck as much as they are is a very good thing"

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Keaton Middelton has 4 points in his last 20 games.
I guess the Middelton over Lilly posts were illogical.

He's still been pretty solid though. I wouldn't hate him in the system right now, especially with Gordeev being iffy and him only on an AHL deal right now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's still been pretty solid though. I wouldn't hate him in the system right now, especially with Gordeev being iffy and him only on an AHL deal right now.
I'm not discounting him. I'm just pointing out he isn't and never has been better then Lilly.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Does anybody know a site that has the contracts for Russian players? Considering the work our development staff has done with some of the free agents and prospects we've developed recently (Marchment,Moore, Johnsson, Kapanen, Dermott etc.) I'd love to see us bring all of Korshkov, Chebykin, Bobylyov, Kara, and Kizimov over and try to develop their games in house.

We've done well with Swedish prospects but Russia has been a black hole since Kulemin.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Does anybody know a site that has the contracts for Russian players? Considering the work our development staff has done with some of the free agents and prospects we've developed recently (Marchment,Moore, Johnsson, Kapanen, Dermott etc.) I'd love to see us bring all of Korshkov, Chebykin, Bobylyov, Kara, and Kizimov over and try to develop their games in house.

We've done well with Swedish prospects but Russia has been a black hole since Kulemin.
I think Bobylev is pretty much a cast off at this point, and it is unclear if we hold his rights still. Chebykin was trending well until this season, as he was forced to switch organizations and saw his numbers and ice time fall. Korshkov isn't trending well, but is the best. He, Kara, and Kizimov might be atleast worth working with. Our Russian scouting has been very subpar.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I think Bobylev is pretty much a cast off at this point, and it is unclear if we hold his rights still. Chebykin was trending well until this season, as he was forced to switch organizations and saw his numbers and ice time fall. Korshkov isn't trending well, but is the best. He, Kara, and Kizimov might be atleast worth working with. Our Russian scouting has been very subpar.

Yea I just feel like, especially with Korshkov, that he's wasted way too much time in Russia when he could have been playing 60-70 games a year over here and working directly with our development staff.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yea I just feel like, especially with Korshkov, that he's wasted way too much time in Russia when he could have been playing 60-70 games a year over here and working directly with our development staff.
I'd like to see some of these players come over as well. The Marlies staff is top notch. They've done wonders with some of our prospects.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I agree, in Kara's case, I wonder if we could pay him an amount to split between the AHL/ECHL to outweigh what he makes as a fringe KHLer. He has put himself on the map enough to the point where I would consider that for next year. As for Kizimov, he would still be CHL eligible next year, so probably just stays in Russia.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I agree, in Kara's case, I wonder if we could pay him an amount to split between the AHL/ECHL to outweigh what he makes as a fringe KHLer. He has put himself on the map enough to the point where I would consider that for next year. As for Kizimov, he would still be CHL eligible next year, so probably just stays in Russia.
Kizimov probably stays in Russia because they're still kind of weird about CHL players playing on their junior teams and he has a really good shot next year. After that though I'd like to see him come over.

Kara would have sign an ELC I believe and likely get some kind of guarantee to play for the Marlies if he were to come over. The ECHL has a salary cap which makes things difficult. On average each player can make a maximum of about $30K per year, so anywhere in Russia should easilt be able to beat that.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
You know what?

They should put him on the Leafs and give him some games to see where he's at.

I'd like to see how he handles it.

He is just coming back from a high ankle sprain, one of the toughest injuries to come back from. Especially a hockey player. He shouldn't be looking at NHL games until next year at the earliest

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

Bobylyov has already been around the Marlies, I liked him, he actually fights too but I think the Leafs are done with him. Korshkov and maybe Dzierkals should be coming over next season. The other are all playing in the Russian "AHL" league VHL

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Moore Brooks Bracco
Timashov Engvall Carcone
MacMaster Ferguson Clune
Greening Jooris Molino

Rosen LoVerde
Sandin Liljegren
Marincin Oleksy

Hutchinson

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Tampa still has some nice prospects on Syracuse, Raddysh, Foote, Alex Barre-Boulet and Connor Ingram.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Marlies lost 1-0 to Syracuse in OT.

Considering how much talent the Crunch have, it was a hard earned point by the Marlies. Solid game.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just finished watching the Soo play live. I really like Hollowell's games. I can see why they were comfortable with moving Durzi. He must have played at least 30 mins tonight. Great skating and IQ. When he dumps the puck in its because he knows his team will get it first. Had a nice set play where he shot the puck in hard, Frost beat out the icing and then set up a goal.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Looks like Scott had a shutout in his return. Leason returned for PA as well.

Macgregor with an apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad