Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Anyone have the scoop on SDA this year? I know he started off very slow but stats look better now.

Any info?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Were talking about their Present Rosters not a bunch of so so prospects. Look at the Rosters and the Standings young Man as of Now.

The rosters are at different points in their development though.

Look at the players on both rosters that are 23 and younger, Leafs are way ahead there.

When Matthews and company are in their mid to high 20's like Kucherov and company who knows how the players around them will look.

Two totally different time-frames.

Reactions: The MoNaRcH

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
The rosters are at different points in their development though.

Look at the players on both rosters that are 23 and younger, Leafs are way ahead there.

When Matthews and company are in their mid to high 20's like Kucherov and company who knows how the players around them will look.

Two totally different time-frames.

Im not sure if any of the players stickty mentioned would have 78 points in 59 games (Point) if they played in tampa.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
If he's been skating for 15 years I'd imagine his skating is in muscle memory territory at this point

That's very very difficult to sort out on your own, you need someone that knows what there doing on your ass working with you for months to start figuring that out imo

It's different if it's just trying to sort out a gym regime to up his explosion, you can do that anywhere but I think he'd need to be here to sort out the technical stuff
Correct in regards to learning a new skating technique or adjustment.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Good to see Jesper Lindgren logging some big minutes for his Liiga team. He just hit the 80 game mark in a professional men's league and is only 21 years old. He's about to double his point totals from last season in half a dozen less games.

Was impressed with him in some of the Leaf scrimmages during TC. He's developed to the point where I wouldn't even identify him as an offensive defender anymore. He's a pretty safe player and he makes high IQ plays. Hoping to see him come over to the Marlies with Liljegren graduating soon and Durzi being shipped out.

Hes better than durzi will be, people sleep on this guy alot and im surprised.

Reactions: LeafChief

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Does this make sense? How do you know it's optimistic if you don't watch?

Because of conflicting viewpoints and he's been injured to the point where how is he being rated if he isn't playing?

And we always love our own.

I suppose his preseason draft position fell for a reason.

There aren't that many player his age playing defense in the NHL maybe 5, and that he's playing in the AHL probably makes one think he's closer than he is.

Last edited:

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
Following Friedman's 31 thoughts column about Liljegren not being wanted in the Muzzin trade, here's Bobby Mac (and Dreger) saying that Sandin is an untouchable but Liljegren is tradeable.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Following Friedman's 31 thoughts column about Liljegren not being wanted in the Muzzin trade, here's Bobby Mac (and Dreger) saying that Sandin is an untouchable but Liljegren is tradeable.

Sandin is a beauty of a prospect, I can see Liljegren being moved in some kind of Muzzin type deal,

Leaf19

Dec 25, 2013
Anyone been watching the Marlies closely and can give me their opinion on Bracco and Rosen? Bracco obviously has all the skill in the world but how has his defensive game progressed this season? I noticed he's PPG and top 4 in the league in scoring! Also noticed Rosen has 44 points in 51 games which is also very impressive. How has his defensive game been though? Do you think he might get a call-up after the TDL or maybe have a good chance to crack the lineup next year? How about Bracco?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Because of conflicting viewpoints and he's been injured to the point where how is he being rated if he isn't playing?

And we always love our own.

I suppose his preseason draft position fell for a reason.

There aren't that many player his age playing defense in the NHL maybe 5, and that he's playing in the AHL probably makes one think he's closer than he is.
Ripping on Leafs things, but the Oilers are all roses?
1st in CF%
Ist in Corsi Relative
One of the lowest OZ%
Mistake free in the AHL mostly
So its not "situational" why people are optimistic and think he is close, its because of his play.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Liljegren > Sandin for me.

And I had Sandin higher than everyone on draft day. Nice we have both, but it's an easy choice if one HAS to go in a trade.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
And one is a LD. Kind of easy call even if Sandin is a better player, he is less in demand.

Exactly. I mean ideally you see those guys running the second pairing long-term, but realistically we have Dermott to anchor the 2nd pairing, and he's essentially what we hope Sandin will turn into.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Sandin is a beauty of a prospect, I can see Liljegren being moved in some kind of Muzzin type deal,

Why do people keep wanting to trade Liljegren instead of keeping and developing him??!!? :mad: :mad:

The guy is only one month away from turning 20 years old and just because he hasn't developed at a meteroric rate its time to trade him?! :shakehead Why can't we simply just be patient and develop him properly and let him be a good/possibly great Dman for the Leafs instead of moving him for other players?!

Aren't we supposedly looking for a right side, right handed defenseman and now that we have one in the system with some skill, we should move him just to get some immediate help?! :shakehead As much as we want to win the Cup this year, we still need to think of the future and guys like Lily and Sandin could potentially be great pieces for the Leafs blueline in a year or two at a cheap price and we need to keep guys like that rather than trading them just so we can 'go all in' for a year or two.

Reactions: LeafChief

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Why do people keep wanting to trade Liljegren instead of keeping and developing him??!!? :mad: :mad:

The guy is only one month away from turning 20 years old and just because he hasn't developed at a meteroric rate its time to trade him?! :shakehead Why can't we simply just be patient and develop him properly and let him be a good/possibly great Dman for the Leafs instead of moving him for other players?!

Aren't we supposedly looking for a right side, right handed defenseman and now that we have one in the system with some skill, we should move him just to get some immediate help?! :shakehead As much as we want to win the Cup this year, we still need to think of the future and guys like Lily and Sandin could potentially be great pieces for the Leafs blueline in a year or two at a cheap price and we need to keep guys like that rather than trading them just so we can 'go all in' for a year or two.

You know what?

They should put him on the Leafs and give him some games to see where he's at.

I'd like to see how he handles it.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You know what?

They should put him on the Leafs and give him some games to see where he's at.

I'd like to see how he handles it.

he often gets schooled in the AHL, defensively, he is nowhere near NHL ready, these guys have some obsession that he is some kind of phenom. He is a decent prospect that needs a lot more time to develop.

Reactions: baton elevated

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
It might give the Leafs some data to use for when free agency opens in July.

Is he close, or are they looking at another year in the minors, and therefore have to find someone to player the RD next year.
I was being sarcastic.

With that said, for expansion draft purposes it is best if neither Sandin or Liljegren see games with the Leafs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad