Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Didn't he only have 1 assist in his first 20 games? Now has 12 points in 30? What's been going on there?

Dzierkals? It's the nature of the league. Young players typically do not get a ton of ice time. That is why Korshkov is quite impressive despite his injuries. When he plays, he's got a rather huge role... More so for his ag.e.

Dzierkals has played himself up to earn regular minutes now. I do not get many Riga highlights, but his numbers suggest he is trending upwards.

Now I do not think the Leafs are going to deal with him, and Dzierkals may not want to deal with the Leafs, but I think he has done enough to pique the interest of a few teams for a later round pick, or as an add-on in a trade. Otherwise, some teams may be interested in him once his rights expire (if his rights expire).

If his rights do not expire, which I do not think they do but capfriendly says otherwise, then the Leafs may keep his rights until they feel like he is pretty much ready for an NHL jump.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
So you figure it will take him 5 or 6 years from his draft to become a top 4 d'man on the leafs?, interesting. A group of guys in here sticky111, leafchief, leafs at knight all think he will be in the Leafs top 4 next season lol

It would really be 4 or 5. This is his second year here.

Considering he had some injuries in there, and the Leafs take a slower approach than most, I'd say that's a success.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Have you seen the Boston Bruins video where they decide to trade Tyler Seguin?

I agree that the majority of NHL scouts are better than the majority of HF posters however there's a small minority of HF Posters who are just as, or more reliable than some NHL scouts

And just to be entirely clear, it is not because the HF posters are exactly NHL quality, more than the NHL scouts are just really awful and should not have a job.

Reactions: stickty111 and Cor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille