Confirmed with Link: Marleau signs with Sharks

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Marleau is familiar with Couture. They could click. Yurtaykin and Bergmann have outplayed Brodzinski and frankly I’m happy they’re the ones still up. As much as I was against the rookies being benched, we did look way more cohesive last game when it was mostly veterans, so I think there’s certainly something to what DeBoer said.

Obviously this is a work in progress and putting Marleau with Couture isn’t a terrible place to start (hell didn’t he have as many points as Donskoi last season?) The rookies haven’t worked yet, why not see how this goes?

I actually like how the third/fourth lines look too.

Reactions: Phu

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Marleau is familiar with Couture. They could click. Yurtaykin and Bergmann have outplayed Brodzinski and frankly I’m happy they’re the ones still up. As much as I was against the rookies being benched, we did look way more cohesive last game when it was mostly veterans, so I think there’s certainly something to what DeBoer said.

Obviously this is a work in progress and putting Marleau with Couture isn’t a terrible place to start (hell didn’t he have as many points as Donskoi last season?) The rookies haven’t worked yet, why not see how this goes?

I actually like how the third/fourth lines look too.

Donskoi and marleau had the same amount of points. Difference being, marleau got a full minute more per ice time on the power play. And nearly 3 minutes more total ice time per game.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
giphy.gif

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Donskoi and marleau had the same amount of points. Difference being, marleau got a full minute more per ice time on the power play. And nearly 3 minutes more total ice time per game.

sure, and seemed like he was asked to play differently than he has here. I’m just not sure why everyone is freaking out. Our rookies aren’t performing as well as we wanted them to and I’m sure DW would make a trade if there was one to make. It’s not magic, he can’t will a top 6 into existence. It’s surely worth a try to see how Marleau does.

I’m at least curious.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Crap.

That makes me feel REALLY good. Not as good as winning. But like, joy in the pit if interminable despair.

This is so the moment Blanche rejoins her Carmelite Sisters at the brink, falling in line to be beheaded in solidarity with her friends. It’s sweet. In fact, this clip is my exegesis or our season to this point.

#thewindowslamsshutliketheguillotine
:)

Pretty sure most of us were thinking the same.

Reactions: Beethovens 10th

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Setting up a Python script to post this every single time somebody mentions Marleau’s point totals.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Setting up a Python script to post this every single time somebody mentions Marleau’s point totals.

Please don't. We don't need an automatic response that only serves to miss the point made. All that was being said is that his point total last year was comparable. Is that really so egregious in your mind that you feel the need to do that?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Please don't. We don't need an automatic response that only serves to miss the point made. All that was being said is that his point total last year was comparable. Is that really so egregious in your mind that you feel the need to do that?

Issa joke

And yea there is a difference of context, but if he can even come close to Donskoi's production, then that's still better than relying on a rookie to score that much in their first year, or relying on like Barclay Goodrow.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

It was a joke. But yes I do think that comparing those two players based on nothing but their point totals is egregious.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
He will give the 2nd pp unit some street cred and do admirably in a pk role. At evens I'm guessing he will be pretty neutral but I can't even picture a Marleau giveaway or true mistake. He will be a good foil for couture defensively 5v5 but I doubt he moves the needle for them going the other way. Overall I'm happy with it

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
He will give the 2nd pp unit some street cred and do admirably in a pk role. At evens I'm guessing he will be pretty neutral but I can't even picture a Marleau giveaway or true mistake. He will be a good foil for couture defensively 5v5 but I doubt he moves the needle for them going the other way. Overall I'm happy with it
Maybe throw marleau in the LD spot on that PP, otherwise keep him far away. we have very capable scoring guys there

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Maybe throw marleau in the LD spot on that PP, otherwise keep him far away. we have very capable scoring guys there
We play 1-3-1. Thornton has been on the left. I would put Patty net front and move Meier to the center but my guess is Patty goes in the center and they keep Meier where he is.

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA
This is a good signing if Marleau plays bottom 6 along with PK and PP duties. He can partially make up for losing Pavs if he stands in front of the net, screening and tipping on the PP. He can score 20 goals doing that.

Sadly, thats not going to be the plan. He's going to take top 6 minutes, and unfortunately will deserve them, because he's much better than younger alternatives. That says all we need to know about the depth of the team and organization as of today.

We can win with Patty. We can't win with the current top 9 forwards lines and wont win if he's slotted into the top 3 lines.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
So the Sharks were losing purposly so they would sign Marleau. I get it now :sarcasm:

Jones is not in on the plan though. He just sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad