Player Discussion Markus Granlund

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I have NO problem having him as a 13th forward..

What says you?

Thing to keep in mind, a 13th forward gets like 50-60 gms due to various injuries...

Kid is versatile: can play C, Lw, RW..

Also can PK and fill on the PP if needed.

He's hated on.. but he's a piece we can use in our depth..
Give me another example as a better or more capable or available depth piece for our roster..

Reactions: Nomobo

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
If he was utilized as a 13th forward and paid like one I don't really have too many issues with having him on the team. With Travis Green as the coach? Granlund isn't going to be used as the 13th forward. I think that Granlund is a versatile forward who should find a place on an NHL roster. But I think he is what he is and it's time to move on.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Gaudette, Leivo, Virtanen, Pearson, Roussel, Eriksson, Baertschi, Beagle, Schaller, Spooner are all under contract next season. Boeser, and Leivo RFA but they are in top 6. Why sign Granlund and waste dollars when one of Spooner or Schaller already taking guaranteed money sitting in press box? I'm sure we will sign 1 UFA forward at minimum thus pushing 2 guys to box listed and possibly 3 if we include a high draft pick added to roster upfront. Granlund is not needed.

Reactions: mossey3535

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I am not a fan of jack of all trades master of none types. Granlund has no one facet to his game that defines the type of player he is.

Beagle is stalwart defensively that can take draws. Schenn provides physicality. Motte adds speed.

Granlund just tries really hard all the time.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Time to cut the crap from the team. Time to get out of the Eriksson Gudbranson Pouliot Schaller Vey Sutter MDZ Barkowski Granlund Larson Beagle phase

Reactions: jd22

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Gaudette, Leivo, Virtanen, Pearson, Roussel, Eriksson, Baertschi, Beagle, Schaller, Spooner are all under contract next season. Boeser, and Leivo RFA but they are in top 6. Why sign Granlund and waste dollars when one of Spooner or Schaller already taking guaranteed money sitting in press box? I'm sure we will sign 1 UFA forward at minimum thus pushing 2 guys to box listed and possibly 3 if we include a high draft pick added to roster upfront. Granlund is not needed.
Perfect 14th forward then.. heh

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I have NO problem having him as a 13th forward..

What says you?

Thing to keep in mind, a 13th forward gets like 50-60 gms due to various injuries...

Kid is versatile: can play C, Lw, RW..

Also can PK and fill on the PP if needed.

He's hated on.. but he's a piece we can use in our depth..
Give me another example as a better or more capable or available depth piece for our roster..

It's a problem when our depth is so completely shit that Markus f***ing Granlund is the best solution for our extra forward.

Reactions: daddyohsix

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think that as this team starts to develop and get better, players like Granlund are guys to move on from.

I wouldn’t hate him being brought back as a 13th forward type role, but I’m not clamouring for it to occur, either.

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Yeah I’d prefer Granlund as the spare forward rather than Schaller but the later trash is signed until the end of the NEXT season. What a waste of a roster spot (Schaller). Plus, Granlund should come in around 500k cheaper than him.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm okay with Granlund, seems to be a harmless minute eating two-way center. Obviously, you'd want a better player or a prospect there but he's fine. I've defended him this whole time but that GWG in the Sharks game last night was the first time I ever shouted profanities in his direction.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Granlund, Sutter, and Pouliot, whether it's their fault or not, were key members of a team that was the worst in the league over a few years. Both for them and for the team, a fresh start is best. I think this is part of why fans get down on Tanev, Edler and others. It's hard not to associate them with a team that was so bad for so long. It just feels like it's time to move on for everyone's sake.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm not Ok with it. There is no way Granlund should be qualified at, I think, $1.6 M. Now if he wants to sign a two -way league min deal before he's qualified then sure but I doubt he does that. Someone will give him a one way worth the minimum so he has no reason to not wait until a qualifier is or isn't offered.

He's another plug making well over $1 mil that they need to move on from.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Depth player for sure..If he doesn’t re-sign here,I have no doubt that another NHL team will snap him up (a good bargain for a team that is hard up against the cap).

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
See if you can flip his rights for anything, a 2023 7th would suffice. Can't believe this thread is bumped. Players like Granlund getting 16 minutes regularly for 3 straight seasons is why this team is still looking up.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
See if you can flip his rights for anything, a 2023 7th would suffice. Can't believe this thread is bumped. Players like Granlund getting 16 minutes regularly for 3 straight seasons is why this team is still looking up.
Id be ok with that return

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah I’d prefer Granlund as the spare forward rather than Schaller but the later trash is signed until the end of the NEXT season. What a waste of a roster spot (Schaller). Plus, Granlund should come in around 500k cheaper than him.

This.

The other problem is Granlund's engagement level. It isn't good enough, and it infects the team. Incredibly frustrating to play your heart out, and lose a close game because a team-mate can't be bothered to at least give an honest effort.

Reactions: thekernel

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
He's basically well below average in essentially every facet of the game, don't see why anyone would want to keep him around unless you enjoy garbage time goals. The least you can do to move forward as an organization is cut bait with players who do nothing but fail time and time again, he'll probably be in Europe next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad