Recalled/Assigned: Markus Granlund Recalled

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
You guys are idiots. This is Lee Stempniak, a celebrity/athlete who gets paid millions and is on national television consistently.

He should just have his agent send a photo of himself and sign "Congrats!"

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I think that might be due to him being on the left wing. Seems to me like a guy that would be better playing his off wing, like Colborne. If not at center.

With Colborne getting benched after that goal against last night, maybe we see Granlund move to Monahan's right?

I see nothing wrong with Granny centering the 4th line during this short call-up, given that it's his most comfortable position. They just have to avoid playing him with Grats and Westgarth.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I see nothing wrong with Granny centering the 4th line during this short call-up, given that it's his most comfortable position. They just have to avoid playing him with Grats and Westgarth.

It looks like we might not have either Westgarth or McGrattan available against the Wild. Stempniak back with the team. Lines will be very interesting.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It looks like we might not have either Westgarth or McGrattan available against the Wild. Stempniak back with the team. Lines will be very interesting.

I don't think it will be too interesting. Stempniak should go back with Backlund and Hudler, likely knocking Galiardi down to the fourth line. Hartley apparently plans to keep Granlund with Money and Colborne for the game tomorrow.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Assuming Markus is in the lineup, we are about to witness the first of many Granlund vs Granlund game.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I don't think it will be too interesting. Stempniak should go back with Backlund and Hudler, likely knocking Galiardi down to the fourth line. Hartley apparently plans to keep Granlund with Money and Colborne for the game tomorrow.

Good I could see this line being used next year. Colborne is a solid board battler (when on his game) and likes to go to the net, granlund likes to have the puck and control the play, while Monahan
is able to somehow always being in a scoring position. Would be cool to
see it start now.

eme

Oct 22, 2006
Helsinki
As I understand it, Markus was recalled to sub for injuries (?). Is there any chance given his play and the situation within the lineup, that he would play the rest of the season with the Calgary Flames?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
As I understand it, Markus was recalled to sub for injuries (?). Is there any chance given his play and the situation within the lineup, that he would play the rest of the season with the Calgary Flames?

Right now, I'd say unlikely. After the trade deadline and depending who remains of the vets, he might come up and stick.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

If Cammy and Stemps get traded, I'd say there is a very good chance. To me, Markus plays a lot like Cammy. Their games are very similar IMO and that is the comparable I would use for him based on what I've seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00