Recalled/Assigned: Markus Granlund Recalled

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Awesome!! How has he been doing in Abby?

Very well 24 points in 29 games (has been pointless since put with Sven but has been an offensive catalyst)

Abbs Heat said he hasn't been as physical in the Ahl as he was in Europe but he is certainly not a soft player. He could really help our 2nd pp unit.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Very well 24 points in 29 games (has been pointless since put with Sven but has been an offensive catalyst)

Abbs Heat said he hasn't been as physical in the Ahl as he was in Europe but he is certainly not a soft player. He could really help our 2nd pp unit.
scored yesterday with sven

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
AH, I do expect you to promptly go over to the crow thread, as you said he would not play in the NHL this season. :laugh:

I'm actually super excited to see this kid play, he seems to be the type of player that elevates his game when he plays with higher skilled players. Hopefully, he can provide a little truculence as well.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
AH, I do expect you to promptly go over to the crow thread, as you said he would not play in the NHL this season. :laugh:

I'm actually super excited to see this kid play, he seems to be the type of player that elevates his game when he plays with higher skilled players. Hopefully, he can provide a little truculence as well.

Lets wait and see if he actually plays :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

If he doesn't play today I can see him being demoted prior to ever playing a game. And I am honestly surprised he was recalled, I think he will be over matched physically. I think Knight would have been a much better candidate to be recalled. But my opinion doesn't mean much :laugh:

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
If he doesn't play today I can see him being demoted prior to ever playing a game. And I am honestly surprised he was recalled, I think he will be over matched physically. I think Knight would have been a much better candidate to be recalled. But my opinion doesn't mean much :laugh:

Now´s your chance. I heard a rumor they were looking for a new GM...:)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

I am surprised too but nonetheless very excited to see him hopefully play. I would've thought that Knight or Hanowski would of got the call before Granlund.

I would personally pair him with Cammy and Galliardi or Jones.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I will go to the crow thread as I said wrong data. I "had inside sources" saying that Knight would be recalled next and I was wrong!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To be fair, it's pretty odd that Knight hasn't been called up as of yet.
His play has tailed off a bit the last month or so, but to be fair to the likes of him, Hanowski and Jooris they are a handful of games away from playing the same they did in a full college season. I think it would be smart to let them rest for a game or two when we get some healthy bodies back. Conditioning is a huge thing for guys coming out of college since they aren't used to seeing more than 40-50 games in a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad