Marko Dano

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Hopefully our lineup is stronger that a 20 year old has to be truly ready to break the lineup. My comment about the CBJ way is not having that strength, such as Bourque. Again, he's nice story, and i like him, I just want it harder for kids to crack the lineup

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Watching Dano is like watching a baby bull that's just been let out of the barn for the first time in his life after the snow's melted.

What's "Baby Bull" in Slovak?

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
Hopefully our lineup is stronger that a 20 year old has to be truly ready to break the lineup. My comment about the CBJ way is not having that strength, such as Bourque. Again, he's nice story, and i like him, I just want it harder for kids to crack the lineup

OT, but this is my fear in regards to the situation with Reilly. Using an "open" slot in our D as an enticement to get Reilly to come here could backfire greatly. Make the players earn it, don't anoint them to a position before they have played a game in the NHL. (**cough** Filatov**cough**)

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Watching Dano is like watching a baby bull that's just been let out of the barn for the first time in his life after the snow's melted.

What's "Baby Bull" in Slovak?

It's býček, spelled be-check :laugh: i like it

Do you think, that Jarmo will let him go to the WHC instead of AHL playoffs? He would be big help for us.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wennberg was definitely square peg round hole, the org was determined to make it fit regardless. Dano is definitely a better prospect at this point.

Its kinda like the Johansen situation imo. They see what he can be even if he doesnt see it in himself, and are trying to push him to be that player and over the last few weeks hes made leaps and bounds into his development.

Dano may be a safer prospect, but i dont think hes the better prospect. And hes definitely not our best, Bjorkstrand to be has the highest potential of them all

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
It's býček, spelled be-check :laugh: i like it

I like it; very poetic. Maybe we can convince him to take Býček as his only name like a soccer player; no first name, no last name, just Býček.

Of course, the first thing that pops up when I google the word is this, which is about the most adorable thing I've ever seen.
cab2f9e240e46db393cb5b4a441f.jpg

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Its kinda like the Johansen situation imo. They see what he can be even if he doesnt see it in himself, and are trying to push him to be that player and over the last few weeks hes made leaps and bounds into his development.

Dano may be a safer prospect, but i dont think hes the better prospect. And hes definitely not our best, Bjorkstrand to be has the highest potential of them all

I guess i mean the more productive player at this point. I can see his upside, but Dano is producing now

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I love this guy so much. I'll admit, I had my doubts when I saw how he was playing in the KHL but my god this kid is gonna be a good contributor for us. I love how often he shoots on net, something we've been sorely missing this season! He's already scoring at the pace of a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener and it's not even due to an inflated shooting percentage, he's only scored on 9.4% of his shots.

Keep it going Marko :nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I love this guy so much. I'll admit, I had my doubts when I saw how he was playing in the KHL but my god this kid is gonna be a good contributor for us. I love how often he shoots on net, something we've been sorely missing this season! He's already scoring at the pace of a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener and it's not even due to an inflated shooting percentage, he's only scored on 9.4% of his shots.

Keep it going Marko :nod:

I think you might be mildly understating it even in your praise. Dano's scoring pace is in between Joey's and Cam's. He might even pass Joey in per-minute scoring by the end of the year, if Joey keeps stinking it up and Dano keeps up his recent pace.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'll admit it. I 'cheated' the second we drafted Dano. I scratched my head in disbelief. I judged him off of point totals alone in the KHL... not taking knowledge of how young he was starting in that league and not reading much into scouting reports on him.

Boy, he's taken me by surprise. Jarmo and co. sure know what they are doing when it comes to drafting... if it wasn't already obvious from his tenure with the Blues.

With consistent playing time next season, playing roughly 14-16 minutes a game, I could see Dano topping off at 25 goals, 25 assists. Something along that production line, nearing 50 points in just his second season. The hunger is there for him, so is the drive. He's thriving under the 'Blue jackets identity' and he will only continue to grow more.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Early returns on Dano are very promising. I love that he plays at such a high pace. He still has room to grow and get stronger and could be a very nice 2nd line player for us long term. Very impressed with his shot too. He's well ahead of where I would have imagined. Good upside and looks to have a great attitude. Very happy with this player and what looks like it could be an amazing 2013 draft for the CBJ

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I like how he compliments alex and hartnell. Just think Dano-Wennberg-whoever(rychel,bjork) for the next 10 years.

I think his style of play allows alex to feel comfortable, alex to dano is Bergeron to marchand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad