Marko Dano

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Leaning to...I think it is more a reaction to the fans reaction to the savior like qualities that he will bring to the team after unsuccessful stints in Chicago, Winnipeg and Colorado. Call me overly pessimistic I just don't see it being a big deal.
I can honestly say I haven't seen anything like that.

Reactions: Faterson

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leaning to...I think it is more a reaction to the fans reaction to the savior like qualities that he will bring to the team after unsuccessful stints in Chicago, Winnipeg and Colorado. Call me overly pessimistic I just don't see it being a big deal.

It's almost certainly not a big deal. I think that's where most of the fan base is at, actually.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He has a few similarities to Duclair.

Anthony Duclair Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Duclair had 16 goals in his previous two seasons prior to last year in 114 GP. Dano has 11 in his past 103.

Duclair had 19 goals in 74 games (CBJ/OTT) last year. Dano had 8 in 35 GP in his high water mark year as a CBJ 5 years ago-which translates to 19 in 82 games. Duclair had 20 in 81 games his second year in Arizona. Duclair only had 2 seasons in the "wilderness" whereas Dano has now had four making the comparison a bit more shaky.

At $300,000 per year at the minor league level, Dano is getting the going rate for an organizational depth player with his background. I think the reasonable expectation for him is for some acceptable 3rd line/4th line production in multiple call ups. I'd think he'll max out at 30-40 NHL games in a best case scenario given his 4 most recent years of failing to stick in the league full time. He did only score 12 goals in 50 games in the AHL last season, so there's no reason to expect much out of him.

I'd give him around a 10% chance of becoming a 20 goal scorer in the NHL at this point.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Now 25, it's hard to think he had 21 points in his first 35 games back in 2014-15 and has just 24 points since.

Didn't see him play in his three games with the Jackets this year.

Any reason to believe he is re-signed as an RFA or is he headed elsewhere?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As DSL said, if he's willing to continue playing in the AHL as a call up guy but mostly AHL depth, then he'll be on someones roster.

If not, then he's for sure back to Europe. Doesn't have enough NHL qualities to stick, most glaringly his speed and defensive play. Jarmo made a great move to sell high on him back in the day.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I just sometimes wonder if ever we can find another Hartnell to turn Dano back into a badass. I mean, yes, as relatively brief a period as that was, he was still a joy to watch during it. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->