Marko Dano

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Wasn't a PD for him and I wanted to hear your views on him.

To me he does nott look out of place and is being as effective or even more effective then wennberg (nothing against alex) he is real feisty and has his stick in the lanes and disrupts play a lot. He seems to be getting in scoring positions and seems to be getting more and more comfortable.

Has me excited thinking 2013 could be one our best drafts ever with Wennberg Rychel bjorkstrand dano and heatherington

Last edited by a moderator:

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I'll agree with the feistiness. I like speed and drive he brings to the ice but it is very easy to see how immature he is. There are lots of times where he'll make a good play with his active stick or with his motor but just as many where he flubs the puck off his stick. I've also noticed he has a tendency to give the puck to his teammates rather than carry it using his speed. Basically, he's still a raw kid that needs more confidence in his own play and with the way he's going now I'm not sure hell get it with the current games. I think this summer will be a big one for him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I like his play alot. Like what cslebn said, he has some things to work on. But one thing I did like was when Penguins went after Anisimov (I think), he got his nose dirty and skated right into the dust up and got some guys off of him. Don't see that too much in undersized guys.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Sure, Dano needs some polish to his game. But he is a rookie and has played only 11 NHL games. He has all the ingredients to be a player in this league. to me he is a cross between Calvert and Atkinson combining Calvert's moxie with Cam's skill.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sure, Dano needs some polish to his game. But he is a rookie and has played only 11 NHL games. He has all the ingredients to be a player in this league. to me he is a cross between Calvert and Atkinson combining Calvert's moxie with Cam's skill.

To me he doesn't have the top-end speed, but is a good but heavier and sturdier than Calvert and Atkinson. I don't really notice it when he's skating, where I occasionally confuse him with Letestu because of the number and height, but then someone tries to hit Dano they just bounce off.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I loved the play he made in the neutral zone where he kept fighting to get the puck into the offensive zone, fell to the ice, and still managed to swat the puck in deep while down. Perseverance, concentration, and determination - all good traits in a young player!

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I could see him turning into a premier shut down centre with a little bit of an offensive touch in the league. Kind of like how Jordan Staal was on the Penguins, or even what Dubi is now.

thebus2288*

I could see him turning into a premier shut down centre with a little bit of an offensive touch in the league. Kind of like how Jordan Staal was on the Penguins, or even what Dubi is now.

Dano, like Foligno, Jenner and Wennberg plays a game way more suited for the wing. At least at the NHL level, now. Who knows in 5-10 years.

JackieMoon

Howson Apologist
Jun 11, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Dano's wrist shot is sick. His goal last night was like a laser. Playing off wing on the right side is a good fit for him right now. Allows him to use his speed and agility to play off the half board and find open ice for himself to fire off shots. I would like to see what a line of Anisimov-Wennberg-Dano could do.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Dano's wrist shot is sick. His goal last night was like a laser. Playing off wing on the right side is a good fit for him right now. Allows him to use his speed and agility to play off the half board and find open ice for himself to fire off shots. I would like to see what a line of Anisimov-Wennberg-Dano could do.

Agreed he's got a deadly wrister and can be an energetic pest.. Feel like he is just Brad Marchand reincarnated

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
He looks very, very comfortable on the RW which is where we need to add talent. We have plenty of centers in the system, particularly if you add Karlsson. RW is where we are barren. Let Dano play there. It is perfect for him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He looks very, very comfortable on the RW which is where we need to add talent. We have plenty of centers in the system, particularly if you add Karlsson. RW is where we are barren. Let Dano play there. It is perfect for him.

Yes. Maybe on the 2013 line. (Maybe not next season but down the road a bit)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I love Dano's "**** it, I'll shoot" attitude. We need more of that instead of guys trying to make the extra pass for tap ins.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
specifically Wennberg IMO

he just needs to let it rip sometimes

That's why Dano and Wennberg seem to work so well together so far. Wennberg seems to have a "playmaker" pass-first attitude while Dano's mental build seems to be much more aggressive. Hopefully, they can continue to complement each other.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
All I know is he's played and impressed me a heck of a lot more than Wennberg has. Hopefully start really pushing each other to the elite dream level I want them to play at. :nod:

Also agree on the Wennberg just needs to let it rip thought.. he's had a lot of clings.. they've got to start going in sooner than later!!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
All I know is he's played and impressed me a heck of a lot more than Wennberg has. Hopefully start really pushing each other to the elite dream level I want them to play at. :nod:

Also agree on the Wennberg just needs to let it rip thought.. he's had a lot of clings.. they've got to start going in sooner than later!!

Wennberg's got to learn more than just shooting instincts. His passing in motion is not generally accurate. And he doesn't drive the net nearly enough when you consider he has great speed and agility.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wennberg's got to learn more than just shooting instincts. His passing in motion is not generally accurate. And he doesn't drive the net nearly enough when you consider he has great speed and agility.

I don't disagree, just didn't feel like picking his game apart with several here happy to bash when you state a differing opinion.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't disagree, just didn't feel like picking his game apart with several here happy to bash when you state a differing opinion.

I feel like picking apart every player's game. It just doesn't seem like a personal thing to me. Then there's posters who feel personally affronted when you critique a player "How dare you insinuate that our 20 year old player has holes in his game!" "Stop piling on!"

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I feel like picking apart every player's game. It just doesn't seem like a personal thing to me. Then there's posters who feel personally affronted when you critique a player "How dare you insinuate that our 20 year old player has holes in his game!" "Stop piling on!"

Lol, exactly.. You get it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

But this being a thread to discuss Dano and all...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad