Player Discussion Mark "Vigilante” Borowiecki

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You'd think Dorion would learn not to make any promises.

I think he legitimately gets overly excited and says things that he regrets later.

I don't blame Boro for being upset but I also don't see the need to keep him around either.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You'd think Dorion would learn not to make any promises.

I think he legitimately gets overly excited and says things that he regrets later.

I don't blame Boro for being upset but I also don't see the need to keep him around either.

When your neighborhood starts seeing a rise in crime, you'll wish Boro still played hockey in Ottawa.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I know I'm worried about who will help me push my car out of the snow when i get stuck.

Seriously though, Boro is a great guy, sad to see him leave.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Do you believe the report by Friedman and the information provided by @GCK?

They told him they wanted him than changed their mind is a broken promise yes. I guess that’s a “promise” I doubt they were making pinky swears and “I promise”
He seems super upset to be leaving his home seeing how he led with deep ties as a local with his goodbye.
He may have said something or acted in a way they didn’t like who knows. Perhaps he said some rude stuff about the charity nonsense and they decided he can get bent.
Or they decided Brown could replace him and what he does for half the cost. Most likely the last one

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
promises dont mean shit in sens land.. Eugene made the greatest player in our franchise play for 1 million dollars promising to make up for it in the following year, and he nickel and dimed him during contract negotiations. knowing damn well he rather retire than play for that price . Melnyk lied through his dentures.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
While dorion seems kinda like a the nice guy doing melnyk a bidding I’m starting to get the feeling the players don’t view him that way.

boro seems cool. I don’t think he would let a one off incident affect his relationship with dorion

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wayne scanlan says. Boro and the sens has philosophical differences. So no. He wasn’t asking for sky high dollars.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Look if we got rid of boro and we brought in like high flying great skating puck moving d men. Sure. Whatever.
But we move boro to bring in............josh brown and Erik gudbransson??? Like.... what!?

Doesn't even have to be high flyers though. If we just said we're going with Jaros and Lajoie and Brannstrom I'd be fine. A youth movement is all good. But this is pretty bad.

I'm still fine with moving on from Boro but these slugs they keep bringing in... UGH.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Are we seriously getting mad at the prospect of not having Mark Boroweicki on the team? Is that how low this team is?

I'm certainly not mad.

I'm happy as hell with Boro moving on. I wish him the best. I just wish that once we moved on from Boro that we'd get a better player, or a young player, or a faster player, to play on the team. Instead we got Josh Brown and Erik Gudbranson.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
"If you play the villain long enough, you get to live to see yourself become the hero"...err wait a minute, do I have that wrong? Lol.

It's crazy to think that HFSens favourite whipping boy since Cowen left (in all fairness to Ceci that might be up for debate) has now departed, and we have a lot people making a big deal about it.

Its like seeing Turris's accession into martyrdom all over again. I wonder if Boro makes it to the end of his contract in Nashville?

I loved the guy for lots of reasons. He was a true soldier for us. And yeah I guess I would have also rather that we kept him on the roster over Brown(?) if a 2yr was ever an option. If not for his ability as a hockey player, then for his leadership and how beloved he is by the community.

But let's be honest guys. Boro is leaving Ottawa with a career as an NHL hockey player under his belt - despite having a very, very limited set of hockey abilities and low overall pro talent. And he got that all from the Senators and what seemed like at least a little bit of hometown biased showed to him over his time here.

It's not hard at all imagining and alternate reality where he wasnt spoon fed a golden opportunity to prove himself by the Sens, and he played for a deep organization with a strong blueline. And if he wasnt given the benefit of the doubt by a countless number coaches. And instead of getting marched back out there every shift of every game when he was clearly struggling, he was instead sent back to AHL early on in his career, never to return again...

Again I love Boro, but this was a two-way street for both him in the Senators when you look at the greater overall picture. And the only thing I am is happy for him that he got another opportunity to play somewhere else. There were different points in his career here that he probably wouldn't have got the interest, so its shame there has to be hard feelings.

And if nothing else, at least our inept blue line that's been inept for many years now will look totally different.. And will be hard pressed to be any worse than it was last year (please be kind to me hockey gods - that's not a challenge to you).

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I know I'm worried about who will help me push my car out of the snow when i get stuck.

Seriously though, Boro is a great guy, sad to see him leave.

A real super hero would drive your car for you so that you don't end up in the snow

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Doesn't even have to be high flyers though. If we just said we're going with Jaros and Lajoie and Brannstrom I'd be fine. A youth movement is all good. But this is pretty bad.

I'm still fine with moving on from Boro but these slugs they keep bringing in... UGH.

Ok so wait now

Jaros and Lajoie.. people get caught up in a team's prospects. Is there anything you've seen in the last week or with Smith's utilization of Jaros that leads you to believe the current brass feels there is a big future for Jaros? Anything? If so...what? Everything I've seen tells me the brass view Lajoie and Jaros so far down the depth chart they're hoping they don't wear the uni this year

Historically Boro is a 6/7 type guy, 14 minutes a night. Last year was the best year of his career

Historically Gudbranson is a 3OA whose played far bigger minutes and roles and ice-time than boro. He's had a lot of injuries over his career and in his interview since the trade talked about getting back to being healthy

In my view

A healthy Gudbranson > Boro

And acquiring him doesn't seem to be a random reaction given we're seeing tweets that they were trying to do this for a few weeks

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Jaros needs more time and Lajoie has no future here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well yeah that’s exactly my point. I “like” boro. I like what the guy stands for and he worked through a lot of his warts to become a serviceable sixth d man. Is letting him go the absolute end of the world. No. But like you let him go to bring in two players arguably worse than him. Why. Like if you’re moving him Becuase you want your defence to go in a different direction fine. But it looks like we’ve let him go to.....double down on players like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad