Proposal: Mark Stone to Calgary

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Bawhaha! Ya, ok. I think only Sens fans could possibly suggest this. There is nothing Stone does better than Matthew Tkachuk now and Tkachuk is much younger. This is like a Leafs fan claiming Matthews is better than McDavid.
You need to look at stats young blood. Go back to sleep...we will call you for supper

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
The expectations here are hilarious. It's more likely Duchene and Stone walk as free agents with the Senators getting nothing rather than them getting multiple blue prospects and key young roster as well as a pile of first round picks. It'll be fun going through the aftermath.

And the Flames aren't trading guys like Kylington or Dube let alone Benentt or Andersson for rentals, no matter how myopic some Calgary fans are. Seriously, fans would Milbury this team in a heartbeat if they had the chance.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Stone would round out the Flames really nicely if it was for a long term. If it is a rental situation then some of these offers are to much.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Young blood? Stats say by age 21 Tkachuk has 154 points, Stone had 0

Even this year Tkachuk is beating Stone (slightly)

It is you who needs a nap man.
I'd say stone is currently better but he's also going to be an Ufa.

If the sens were smart they would let teams talk to him so they could get a bidding war between teams he would sign with . Instead they will prob trade him for meh with a condition you don't trade him to the east

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I'd say stone is currently better but he's also going to be an Ufa.

If the sens were smart they would let teams talk to him so they could get a bidding war between teams he would sign with . Instead they will prob trade him for meh with a condition you don't trade him to the east
If I'm Stone I don't have my agent talk extension to anyone, July 1st is the big payday because of Ottawa's stupidity to sign him to only a one year deal. Lets face it, a good management team would have had him sit before giving him this leverage.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
I would love to get Stone on Calgary, but honestly I would not want to give up 1st's/higher end prospects for a guy as a rental, a signed Stone would be great and definitely worth a high price. But we also have to consider who we might lose in order to sign Tkachuk and Stone this summer. We would probably have to pay to ship Neal to someone. Which would be costly, so take on the cost of that, and all of a sudden it's quite a price tag in cap space+assets to ship out Neal+assets to acquire Stone. Maybe recoup a couple picks by trading Frolik and Stone. But all in all it just seems like a bad fit.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Extension or kick rocks, Flames aren’t in a position to trade big assets for a rental.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Relax man. *fist bump*
Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes