Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone signs 3-year deal, $3.5mil cap hit

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
god damn these guys are good at contract negotiations. Would love to see how it all went down. So happy this all worked out!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
We can't get double offer sheeted anymore. Unless some team wants to try it with Hoffman and Chiasson we would just match Chiassons offer and let them take hoffman.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
So who's going to be the first poster to whine after Stone goes on a scoring slump? You know the Murray bashing's going to happen.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
god damn these guys are good at contract negotiations. Would love to see how it all went down. So happy this all worked out!

Is P. Dorion closing all these deals with B. Murray's parameters/guidance?

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Next year when PLN and maybe Gryba come off the books, makes room decent room for a good Top6F/Top4D UFA signing.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
So Mika, Stone and JGP combined for $7MM caphit. EK with a caphit of $6.5. Turris caphit of $3.5

For all the complaints about PLNGS you have to give management some credit for some damn good deals

Oh absolutely, Murray & co. have done very well with the young players and I need to give credit there. Now if they can turn some of the "dead" cap space from Neil/Phillips/Legwand into some youth or moderate veteran value I'll be Grampa Simpson going in and out of the door all day.
:laugh:

So who's going to be the first poster to whine after Stone goes on a scoring slump? You know the Murray bashing's going to happen.

Nah, saving that for Ryan's contract and production. Can't complain about Z or Stone's contracts.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Oh absolutely, Murray & co. have done very well with the young players and I need to give credit there. Now if they can turn some of the "dead" cap space from Neil/Phillips/Legwand into some youth or moderate veteran value I'll be Grampa Simpson going in and out of the door all day.
:laugh:

Nah, saving that for Ryan's contract and production. Can't complain about Z or Stone's contracts.

When EK's contracts up in 4 years he's going to command a solid 10mil per contract though :laugh:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
We can't get double offer sheeted anymore. Unless some team wants to try it with Hoffman and Chiasson we would just match Chiassons offer and let them take hoffman.

Hoffman is heading for arbitration apparently so that means no offer sheets.
And Chiasson - really who cares? If he signs for under $1.2MM we probably match, otherwise we can take the compensation and move on with our lives.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm still pissed Murray was sitting on his ass this whole time. But at least he got a good contract.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Great deal! Stone could easily end up providing the best value in the league at that cap hit as soon as next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad