Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone (signed 8x~$9MM)/T. Lindberg for The Brannwagon, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2020 2nd

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
True, it is just funny considering how complicated it can be to negotiate these type of contracts for star players.
I don't think it's ever that complicated. Every player has the same contract, they just negotiate term, compensation, and potential no move/no trades.

I think pretending it's complicated and using time as a tool to potentially increase leverage is the main thing, but it's seriously just a few things that anyone ever negotiates. Ottawa could have sealed it up in 45 minutes too if Stone had any desire to stay or the Sens had any desire to pay (what I assume will be) a bonus heavy contract.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I haven't been this pissed to lose a prospect I think ever. I've been a hockey fan for 20+ years.

As a Sens fan who's become the equivalent of a zombie, aka the walking dead, I would almost just prefer to not see comments like this.

Just let me f***ing die already.

Reactions: bert

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
This trade has Kelly's fingerprints all over it. He was Mark Stone's coach in Brandon Wheat Kings 2008-2012. This connection probably made the decision easier for Stone. Who greeted Mark at the airport? Kelly.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This trade has Kelly's fingerprints all over it. He was Mark Stone's coach in Brandon Wheat Kings 2008-2012. This connection probably made the decision easier for Stone. Who greeted Mark at the airport? Kelly.
For sure, the McCrimmon connection was something a lot of people mentioned months ago when everyone thought the Stone thing would fall to the side for the next Tatar fiasco move.

Still happy to have Kelly. I'm pretty sure he's the secret weapon in the VGK office.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Boooooooooooooo!
I think I'm getting there.... my goal in life is to create a joke so lame it implodes the universe.

tenor.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It was hyperbolic to say he's making us worse, I was still reeling over Brannstrom, think he will be amazing. I think of course is exciting for the team to get Stone.

I am wary of the contracts above 9 million. I worry they hamper a team very greatly. I think Tavares and his 11 million certainly complicate things in Toronto as well. They have a similar problem to us, need top 4 defensive help but cap space for that is hard to make room.

And we only have Glass and Hague as ELCs to relieve some of that and virtually no one in the RFA age range to take lower contracts.
Stone is the best player on your team. Best part about him is he makes everyone better around him. He can play with anyone so the transition period wont be a long one.

Reactions: derriko

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
That hustle, picking off passes and strong defensive play is the same game in and game out for Stone fellas. Man you guys have a gem.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
So obviously Stone is legit, type of guy that is very hard to get without giving up a lot more. This is a coup for our organization, who continue to demonstrate that they're on top of their game.

But it does hurt to see Brannstrom go. He's going to be an elite dman who gives them a lot of years. To my eye right now it looks like a good trade for both teams from that perspective.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
So obviously Stone is legit, type of guy that is very hard to get without giving up a lot more. This is a coup for our organization, who continue to demonstrate that they're on top of their game.

But it does hurt to see Brannstrom go. He's going to be an elite dman who gives them a lot of years. To my eye right now it looks like a good trade for both teams from that perspective.

We can only hope Brannstrom has a similar type of impact at his position that Stone does at his.

Hope you liked the first game with Stone!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland

Got the best possible forward imo. Not sure if we needed the best possible forward tho.

You could say.... The Oscar went to the Sens :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

My life is complete, I'll be deleting my HFboard account now.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Got the best possible forward imo. Not sure if we needed the best possible forward tho.

My life is complete, I'll be deleting my HFboard account now.

As long as we get Stralman or somehow turn Miller into a good young #4 (hey, I can dream can't I?) it's gravy.

Then the Hagwagon starts rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad