Confirmed with Link: Mark Stone (signed 8x~$9MM)/T. Lindberg for The Brannwagon, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2020 2nd

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019
This is great news! As a long-time Stone fan, it's great to know that he's going to be on a team committed to winning it all every year. I've always said that it's character guys like him that make good teams great teams. Hope he proves me right in Vegas!

KeithfromCanada

Mar 3, 2019

Needs change

This is the new NHL where owners with $'s are able to outbid those without. Not a lot of teams can dump that much cash every July 1st. My guess - this will be a major issue that leads to a work stoppage and lockout when the next CBA is being negotiated. It's always funny to watch the owners playing hardball with the players over the loopholes that the owners found to screw the intent of the system.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Technically, GMs find the loopholes.

And as per tweet I posted in BOH thread on jock tax, having majority of income in bonuses mean they aren't taxed when he travels to other teams.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
contract preview:

a) he seems to be as good as his defensive stats promised
b) he seems to be as good as the hfboards said
c) he seems to fit the team amazingly well (I would have though 9,5M$ guy would HAVE to cause locker room toxicity)
d) he is the kind of player that will probably mature well

Reactions: derriko

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Anyone know how many goals have been scored as a direct result of a Stone steal thus far? I think that would be a cool stat to know.

One instance stands out in my mind where we scored after a Stone mugging. He just slapped the dude's stick straight to the sky and swiped it; dude didn't know what hit him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad