Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Ott

Mark Stone

Cgy

Rasmus Andersson
James Neal
2019 1st
2020 Conditional 1st (on Stone resigning with the Flames)

Taking a cap dump but giving up a solid young player may be what gets this done for Calgary.

Jets dont have a cap dump to give they dont need for these playoffs.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Melnyk wanted to save on plane tickets, so they dealt Duchene to Columbus on the day they play them. For this reason, I'm calling Stone to Calgary, as Ottawa plays them next.

Nothing Winnipeg offers can beat the $900 Melnyk will save on Stone going to Calgary instead.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Melnyk wanted to save on plane tickets, so they dealt Duchene to Columbus on the day they play them. For this reason, I'm calling Stone to Calgary, as Ottawa plays them next.

Nothing Winnipeg offers can beat the $900 Melnyk will save on Stone going to Calgary instead.
Im sure Winnipeg would pony up the cash to get Stone there.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Stone is exactly the type of player that will push your team from hopeful to contender or from contender to favorite.

The team that pays for him won't regret it.

I respectfully disagree there with you Mr. edguy. The players that "push your team from hopeful to contender or from contender to favorite" can be counted on one hand(from the top of my head, I can only think of Crosby and McDavid) and Mark Stone if not one of them.

Reactions: Snowman

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
??? 2 1sts, VESA and NIKU...
Pass
Who are you going to replace Trouba and Connor with now when Stones signs?.
Cmon,
Looks like Jets fans are feeling the heat after seeing what Duchene returned, when Stone is the better player.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Looks like Jets fans are feeling the heat after seeing what Duchene returned, when Stone is the better player.

No. This is more the equivalent of walking into a dealership, asking how much a particular vehicle costs, and laughing all the way to the next dealership.

Reactions: Snowman

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Nah.... its Stone not Patty Kane... EOD, 60-65 point player... the ask is too much, I am also thinking that the haul for Stone should be similar to the one they got for Duchene... Maybe slightly better

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nah not really. Duchene got a typical rental deal, pretty much exactly what you would expect.

It's not like he got tolvanen/Fabbro and a 1st like Sens fans thought.
Yeah he got 2 good prospects and 2 first round picks. Probably similar value if not more than that NSH package since HF circlejers the shit out of the Preds and hates the BJs. Way more than whatever the Jets fans here were offering for Stone.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Nashville and WPG in a bidding war for Stone. That's how these old dog GMs think in their brains right? They think, I don't want that guy going to that guy.
Well they probably do considering there is a good chance they will have to play each other to get to the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad