Speculation: Mark Stone Mega-Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Wish STL would pony up the price it would take...or have the Sens announce he's been extended and end this speculation once and for all.

Would offer:
Joel Edmundson
Robby Fabbri or Zach Sanford
Jordan Kyrou or 2020 1st
Klim Kostin or Sammy Blais

...if Stone would re-sign in STL

Reactions: brokeu91

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Maybe not a haul but it's a big load of something.

Duchene & C level prospect for 1st & two C level prospects...as a rental and extra 1st if he signs. Not sure if I call it a haul.....but at least the Sens get two 1st if he signs in total.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
After watching what Duchene returned, are there still people who believe that Ottawa will get a high-end piece in exchange for Stone?

What do you mean by high-end piece?

Stone is more valuable than Duchene so he should get a better return than a 1st+2 C-level prospects.

So if it's a 1 for 1, yes he should get a high-end piece (i.e. a top 30 prospect league-wide).

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Stone is exactly the type of player that will push your team from hopeful to contender or from contender to favorite.

The team that pays for him won't regret it.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I have no doubt Stone is gonna get a nice haul, but I don't think it's an automatic that he'll return more than what Duchene just got. There's only so many teams in the market for a player of that caliber and there's now one less (Columbus).

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I have no doubt Stone is gonna get a nice haul, but I don't think it's an automatic that he'll return more than what Duchene just got. There's only so many teams in the market for a player of that caliber and there's now one less (Columbus).

I definitely think he will return more than Duchene, but I don't think it'll be that much more.

I think he'll get something very similar to what Duchene did, but it will be two better prospects.

Stone is more valuable than Duchene so he should get a better return than a 1st+2 C-level prospects.

So if it's a 1 for 1, yes he should get a high-end piece (i.e. a top 30 prospect league-wide).

I doubt that he will be traded in a one-for-one deal.

Umm yeah.. They will

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

CaliforniaWinterPeg

Feb 21, 2019
La Quinta/Winnipeg
Apparently the Sens offered him close to 10 mil a season and hes still walking..
Yea, the question is how much of that "offer" is upfront in case of a walkout? Stone is concerned about the potential walkout. Ottawa has no $$$$$$ for what Stone is looking for. I think he would fit in WPG but WPG has to give up more than they want to. I just joined this group to see how this unfolds and more importantly to see the great fans that all of these teams! Great Hockey feeling here!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Duchene & C level prospect for 1st & two C level prospects...as a rental and extra 1st if he signs. Not sure if I call it a haul.....but at least the Sens get two 1st if he signs in total.

Completely unsure why you guys naming Abramov a C level prospects. He is easily a B level guy.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Apparently the Sens offered him close to 10 mil a season and hes still walking..
Could be because he doesn't want to be in Ottawa. Kind of how it would take at least a $15 an hour raise to make me even moving somewhere like North Dakota.

Probably a really nice city to live in, but not a great employer

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Nashville and WPG in a bidding war for Stone. That's how these old dog GMs think in their brains right? They think, I don't want that guy going to that guy.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

What about three C-level pieces...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad