Speculation: Mark Stone Mega-Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Nah.... its Stone not Patty Kane... EOD, 60-65 point player... the ask is too much, I am also thinking that the haul for Stone should be similar to the one they got for Duchene... Maybe slightly better
124 points in his last 114 games...

That's a long fluke if it is one.

I'm not even suggesting some of the deals in this thread are realistic, but it has come out from insiders that Stone is probably the most sought-after player right now.

Reactions: Seanaconda

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
so some of the names being thrown out in the [Speculation] Duchene thread included Dobson, Wahlstrom, Foudy, Tolvanen, Fabbro along with a 1st and then he goes for 1st+Abramov+Davidson (edit: Conditional 1st if Duchene re-signs too)....

yup, rentals likely won't return a 1st + a team's top prospect.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
That's the equivalent of 3 1sts and whatever Senyshyn is. That's for a signed Stone, or to be signed.
No it's not. It's
Senyshyn, who is tracking to bust status
Zboril, who is tracking to bust status
Vaakanainen who is a good prospect
Very late 1st

That ain't a signed Stone, friend.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Nah.... its Stone not Patty Kane... EOD, 60-65 point player... the ask is too much, I am also thinking that the haul for Stone should be similar to the one they got for Duchene... Maybe slightly better

Its what the market will pay. If Panarin stays off market then you have to think demand drives up price of Stone. If I don't pay it Nashville will type bidding.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Calgary isn't moving Andersson for an unsigned Stone.

While Andersson is undoubtedly a promising young D, he should absolutely be on the table for Stone.

We're talking about a guy with over a PPG the last two seasons playing beside the likes of Brassard, White and Tkachuk. He also happens to be great defensively and the best takeaway artist in the league.

He'd transform the Flames into a legit cup contender.

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Its what the market will pay. If Panarin stays off market then you have to think demand drives up price of Stone. If I don't pay it Nashville will type bidding.
Jets put in their offer, whatever we are willing to part with... if Nashville outbids, so be it, they obviously need more help on the wing. If not, welcome Home Stone ... Pretty simple

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah he got 2 good prospects and 2 first round picks. Probably similar value if not more than that NSH package since HF circlejers the **** out of the Preds and hates the BJs. Way more than whatever the Jets fans here were offering for Stone.
Nah, he got 2 ok prospects and a 1st. With a conditional 1st that is probably never going to happen.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Looks like Jets fans are feeling the heat after seeing what Duchene returned, when Stone is the better player.
Yup. Exactly what Jets fans said he would get. A typical rental return with zero high end prospects. Nothing in there close to being comparable Vesalainen, Niku, Roslovic or even Stanley.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
124 points in his last 114 games...

That's a long fluke if it is one.

I'm not even suggesting some of the deals in this thread are realistic, but it has come out from insiders that Stone is probably the most sought-after player right now.
It’s not like they even played him with duchene either he’s been over ppg with two rookies. Plus he’s great at defence for a winger so he’s pretty good

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I don't understand how some people don't get that wpg 1st does not equal cbj first. cbj could miss the playoffs and that pick could be 10-14 or they could make it and get out and that pick could be 15-18. with the jets there going to go far so their pick will be 28+. you have to account for that difference in where the picks could land.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
While Andersson is undoubtedly a promising young D, he should absolutely be on the table for Stone.

We're talking about a guy with over a PPG the last two seasons playing beside the likes of Brassard, White and Tkachuk. He also happens to be great defensively and the best takeaway artist in the league.

He'd transform the Flames into a legit cup contender.
I think the Flames can get a deal done without having to give up Andersson though

Reactions: CF84

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
I don't understand how some people don't get that wpg 1st does not equal cbj first. cbj could miss the playoffs and that pick could be 10-14 or they could make it and get out and that pick could be 15-18. with the jets there going to go far so their pick will be 28+. you have to account for that difference in where the picks could land.
Lol, the way we looked last few games, it possible our pick could be 14-15

Reactions: thegr8one66

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yup. Exactly what Jets fans said he would get. A typical rental return with zero high end prospects. Nothing in there close to being comparable Vesalainen, Niku, Roslovic or even Stanley.
Oh, but Stone's better and now there's less bidders/bidding war, etc... so get ready with your top 2 prospects and 2 1sts. It's like nothing has been learned in the last few hours.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
No it's not. It's
Senyshyn, who is tracking to bust status
Zboril, who is tracking to bust status
Vaakanainen who is a good prospect
Very late 1st

That ain't a signed Stone, friend.

Zboril was drafted in a historic first round. He's still only 22. Any other year and no one would blink twice that he is still developing. He will be a top 4 two way defenseman.

Senyshyn is a question mark, no debate.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
so some of the names being thrown out in the [Speculation] Duchene thread included Dobson, Wahlstrom, Foudy, Tolvanen, Fabbro along with a 1st and then he goes for 1st+Abramov+Davidson (edit: Conditional 1st if Duchene re-signs too)....

yup, rentals likely won't return a 1st + a team's top prospect.

It’s true. But what teams actually have first round picks this year? Not many. I’m curious what Buffalo is gonna do. They got Fricken 3 this year. We may see some 3 team trades with Buffalo this deadline.

Edit: Hell Buffalo May use its first round picks to help them get in the playoffs.

This deadline is very exciting so far.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Jets put in their offer, whatever we are willing to part with... if Nashville outbids, so be it, they obviously need more help on the wing. If not, welcome Home Stone ... Pretty simple

I'd be shocked if we did. Poile's more than likely kicking tires on lower tier options.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It’s true. But what teams actually have first round picks this year? Not many. I’m curious what Buffalo is gonna do. They got Fricken 3 this year. We may see some 3 team trades with Buffalo this deadline.
CBJs 1st will likely be several spots better than WPG and NSH's. But i am sure some fans wanted their 1st+Foudy from CBJ. As for Buffalo no clue. I can see them doing trades at the draft with their picks more so than now

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ottawa needs to find another sucker because Winnipeg is not getting bent over by them for a rental.

giphy.gif

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
That's all fine and dandy, but we are talking about Stone here, who is the far superior player. By that virtue you can expect his return to be better, given the bidding war that will ensure.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
CBJs 1st will likely be several spots better than WPG and NSH's. But i am sure some fans wanted their 1st+Foudy from CBJ. As for Buffalo no clue. I can see them doing trades at the draft with their picks more so than now

I mean Buffalo is on that 7th 8th seed looking in. Having 3 first rounders? I really want to know what’s going on in that war room. They can help teams in a 3 way trade and gain extra assets. They can do there own balls to the wall playoff push with em.

Buffalo is in a very very particular position of power right now for teams wanting Stone, but don’t have the assets to land em.

Sens2001

Feb 22, 2019
Stone to Vegas? maybe something like:
To Vegas:
Mark Stone

To Ottawa:
Erik Brannstrom
1st round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events