Mark Stone Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
No it doesn't, Stone's defensive game doesn't make up the difference offensively

All around, Kucherov is the much better player

I didn't say I wouldn't take Kucherov over Stone, of course I would. I'm saying Stone is a more complete player, as in he does everything well. Not saying that makes up for the difference in offensive output because I know it doesn't.

Just when you think of all around forwards you think of the Selke. Kucherov will never be up for that, whereas Stone will. That's all I'm getting at.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I didn't say I wouldn't take Kucherov over Stone, of course I would. I'm saying Stone is a more complete player, as in he does everything well. Not saying that makes up for the difference in offensive output because I know it doesn't.

Just when you think of all around forwards you think of the Selke. Kucherov will never be up for that, whereas Stone will. That's all I'm getting at.
Ok, so he's the better defensive forward. That's what the Selke is.

All around, Kucherov is way ahead

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Ovechkin can get it done in a way we havent seen from Stone before. He's a better all around winger.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Not all around he's not. Offensively, of course, but 2 way game does to Stone
If you were making a trade with Kucherov for Stone, how much do you think you'd need to add to Stone to pull that trade off?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
If you were making a trade with Kucherov for Stone, how much do you think you'd need to add to Stone to pull that trade off?
Let’s say both players had the exact same contracts so we can properly assess the value then eliminate the fact Tampa wouldn’t trade Kucherov.
2 players that are top 5 at their respective positions aren’t traded for each other. Almost ever. In the past 10 years the ONLY comparable would be the Subban 4 Weber trade. One for One.
Their values would be similar maybe Ottawa adds a prospect or a pick but for players of Stone and Kucherov caliber, they’d probably have to be traded one 4 one even if the perceived value of one is more than the other.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

This isn't me saying Stone is better. The gap in offensive abilities makes up any difference and then some in 2 way and defensive play.

But say Ottawa had a signed Stone, I'm guessing it would take high draft picks and prospects added to Stone.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I love Mark Stone, I own a Stone jersey. That being said, I think he kinda got overrated around these parts a little bit. He's a fantastic player, but I don't think he's a top-10 winger in the league and he's certainly not "the best 2-way winger" in the league, given his offence is (at least) a step below the big boys. Doesn't change the fact he's a first liner, and arguably a star, but some of the comments in this thread aren't based in reality, imo.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I appreciate Mark Stones commitment to asset management. He was able to turn a 6th round pick into Erik Brannstrom and a 2nd.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Let’s say both players had the exact same contracts so we can properly assess the value then eliminate the fact Tampa wouldn’t trade Kucherov.
2 players that are top 5 at their respective positions aren’t traded for each other. Almost ever. In the past 10 years the ONLY comparable would be the Subban 4 Weber trade. One for One.
Their values would be similar maybe Ottawa adds a prospect or a pick but for players of Stone and Kucherov caliber, they’d probably have to be traded one 4 one even if the perceived value of one is more than the other.

Remember when we traded Hossa for Heatley?

Now I forgot what other pieces were added..

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
One of the most unique style of player I have seen , a real pleasure to have watched...Would have been something to watch his celly if we had ever won a cup

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I love Mark Stone, I own a Stone jersey. That being said, I think he kinda got overrated around these parts a little bit. He's a fantastic player, but I don't think he's a top-10 winger in the league and he's certainly not "the best 2-way winger" in the league, given his offence is (at least) a step below the big boys. Doesn't change the fact he's a first liner, and arguably a star, but some of the comments in this thread aren't based in reality, imo.

He's easily a top-10 winger; points aren't everything.

Reactions: Daffy

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
He was playing on the PP and PK last night; I really hope Vegas names him their Captain soon.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That overtime goal (with Cuthbert on the call) was one of the most shiver-inducing moments of my life.

Easily one of my favourite Sens moments of all time. I was fortunate enough to be there, although the goal was scored at the other end of the rink of course. ;-) Still, it was one of those times you'll never forget - that was the culmination of that crazy Hamburglar run, and that goal basically put us in the playoffs in a game where we had trailed by three. Mark Freaking Stone - what a stud. To me, his place in the Sens Hall of Honour is easily sealed, beside Alfie, EK, Big Rig, Fisher, and Craig Anderson. I will make sure I am at the Vegas game next year to give him the ovation he deserves, and when he does come here I hope he lights us up like a Christmas tree. If he pointed up to Dorion after scoring I wouldn't even be mad, although that's not Stone's style...

Reactions: devbouz12

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Easily one of my favourite Sens moments of all time. I was fortunate enough to be there, although the goal was scored at the other end of the rink of course. ;-) Still, it was one of those times you'll never forget - that was the culmination of that crazy Hamburglar run, and that goal basically put us in the playoffs in a game where we had trailed by three. Mark Freaking Stone - what a stud. To me, his place in the Sens Hall of Honour is easily sealed, beside Alfie, EK, Big Rig, Fisher, and Craig Anderson. I will make sure I am at the Vegas game next year to give him the ovation he deserves, and when he does come here I hope he lights us up like a Christmas tree. If he pointed up to Dorion after scoring I wouldn't even be mad, although that's not Stone's style...
Supremely jealous that you were able to see that in person. I also hope Stone HUMILIATES Melnyk and his sidekick when he comes to town. I'd pay big money to see it.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Not one GM would trade Kuch for Stone.Its not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad