Mark Stone Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
HE WAS A RFA. Pierre is so bad at his job, I never wished someone in my life to collect EI, but Dorion fits it.

This.

There's no reason why we couldn't have signed him to a long-term deal last summer. The end result is completely unacceptable. If you were close last summer to a long-term deal, why not finalize it? So frustrating.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
It was a pleasure and a privilege to see this guy grow into the player Vegas is getting. All the best, Mr. Stone

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm glad we had him for a few years, and very happy that he's going to a team that has the will to win. I can see Stone becoming a legendary player in the NHL with Vegas.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Sorry guys...I see why he left though. Even stupid little things like this I could never seen happen under Melnyk.

We're never going to be able to compete with some of the more elaborate displays that teams have put on, but a little bloody effort on the part of management isn't too much to expect.

Reactions: derriko

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I loved Stone and I thought he was the perfect face and captain for this franchise. He could have been bigger than Alfredsson if he stayed but you can't blame him; I wish him all the success.

His heart, celebrations, love for the game, heart and soul play, passion... unparalleled.

I will miss you, Mark Stone.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Sorry guys...I see why he left though. Even stupid little things like this I could never seen happen under Melnyk.

Yikes. Cringe.

Watched a lot of Stone highlights this morning. Felt like he was here a decade. But it was such a short and memorable time.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Best forward that has ever played for this hockey team.

Yes, better than Alfie, Heatley and Spezza.

Unpopular opinion I know.
A couple of years ago I said he was in the top 3 wingers and I got yelled at. Now I don't think it sounds all that crazy.

Alfie, Hossa, Stone, Heatley?

He has a chance at the Selke this year, and I see him winning many more trophies and awards in the near future.

Reactions: derriko

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Wathing the Vegas game and Stone's being Stone...shots on goal, multiple takeaways, defensive plays, puck control, tips in front of the net.... I miss him aleready

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
One of the best. Thank you for everything. Sorry you had to go through all that melnyk put you through.
Respect for refusing to play for that a hole

Have fun in Vegas

Last edited:

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
That's because we traded our heart and soul player who is the best all-around winger in the league, loves to win, absolutely dedicated for the sport and for his teammates, can carry fringe top 9 players into top 6 roles, makes everyone around him better, and only 26 years old.

Players like Stone are very rare.

We gave away 2 absolutely rare and invaluable players in their peak in a matter of months. Unbelievable.
Stone is the best all-around winger in the league? Really?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
For starters, Kucherov?

Yep.

Maybe it's just semantics but offensive play gets so underrated when it comes to discussing best all round.

Stone might be more well rounded but Kucherov is definitely the better all around player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad