Recalled/Assigned: Mark Borowiecki called up

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
So why do many posters think this kid stinks? He is terrific for us. Willing to play very physical, will fight and block shots. Perfect 6th defenceman to have.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Cowen shipped out because of Boro.

Because the Boro we're seeing now and the Boro we saw in training camps and in Bingo are not the same guy.

"Old" Boro was unfocused, tried to do too much, often put himself out of position chasing hits, and not overly skilled.

"New" Boro is none of those things. Well, except for the skill thing... he's still not terribly skilled, but he's getting the most out of his skill at the moment IMO, whereas that definitely wasn't the case even 2 months ago.

Exactly. It's hilarious to see posters calling out other posters who doubted this guy while not knowing themselves what they are talking about.

Boro in pre-season was a disaster both offensively and defensively. He even looked soft and intimidated. In the AHL he was also crazy and unpredictable defensively that got hemmed in constantly. When he was called up I was shocked cause I didn't see anything in his play that warranted it.

Management obviously knew better and besides, it's not the first time we see a guy who was doing nothing of notice in AHL come up and play substantial top pairing minutes and shine by offering good breakouts and key plays. Remember Gryba?

Now I'm not saying Boro is undergoing same hype but it's not out of the question and I hope Boro maintains this level of play.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
i7qZfWV3W4P4P.gif

credit to david22 on the hockeybuzz forums.

:yo:

I can't believe this isn't on YouTube yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad