Recalled/Assigned: Mark Borowiecki called up

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man did this guy shut me up.

Watching Bingo you'd never guess he'd make this type of impact on our team.

Hopefully it's not just lightning in the bottle of adrenaline rush playing in the NHL. Remember how amazing Gryba was when first called up playing toughest first pairing minutes?

Regardless, Gryba wasn't as consistently physical as Boro is so that's refreshing. I ain't complainin as long as we winnin.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa

Hopefully it's not just lightning in the bottle of adrenaline rush playing in the NHL. Remember how amazing Gryba was when first called up playing toughest first pairing minutes?

Regardless, Gryba wasn't as consistently physical as Boro is so that's refreshing. I ain't complainin as long as we winnin.

i doubted boro too. i've thought about my what is so far a miss-evaluation and this is what i've come up with.

i think we sat him down, told him to calm down on the physical play (but still bring it. we don't want him getting out of position to make a hit is all. he's waiting for the big hit to come to him.), and told him to keep it simple. he's kept it simple, hasn't been overly aggressive along the boards, and played within his means. he's a top defenseman in the ahl, so he takes more chances. he doesn't have to be the guy here. he doesn't have to rush the puck, or try to make huge plays. less ice time means less of an opportunity to hit someone from behind along the boards, or cross-check someone, or have a defensive lapse. he's found his ideal amount of ice time.

might seem like a stretch, but i also factor in that because the ice is smaller in the broome county veteran's memorial arena. more play along the boards means more mean borocop penalties.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Probably the #1 thing that stuck with me from the Habs game was how the Sens players on the ice mugged BoroCop when he scored. Great to see.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
He kind of reminds me of Kevin Bieksa a little bit....minus the insane shot of course.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He kind of reminds me of Kevin Bieksa a little bit....minus the insane shot of course.

Agreed. Young Bieksa was a lot like Boro. They're both kind of mad doggish :laugh:.

Now let's just get working on Boro's shot. :naughty:

Seriously though Bieksa didn't crack the Nucks lineup full-time until he was age 25. Boro might develop more of an offensive game.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
BoroCop has been a beast since he has been called up. He adds some toughness and sandpaper to a surprisingly soft team D. If he keeps playing like this he can start looking for a house in Ottawa. Also, if he keeps playing well Corvo will only play again if someone is hurt.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
BoroCop has been a beast since he has been called up. He adds some toughness and sandpaper to a surprisingly soft team D. If he keeps playing like this he can start looking for a house in Ottawa. Also, if he keeps playing well Corvo will only play again if someone is hurt.
He can probably just stay with his parents. :laugh:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Keep it simple................

Its so much fun to watch. That I just love.

Also Boro has been great, love seeing a simple and solid game from a D man... hope he is an example. lol.

"Orr#123":

Good I am happy for Boro, down in Binghamton he was trying to do way to much as was running around like a nut and taking some dumb penalties.....

Kid is all heart not a real skill player but he gives you what he has and is a tough kid...

Just keep him playing the simple game as he has been up top and he should be OK..... Enjoy his play & keep it simple~~~~!!!!!!!!!!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The logic is simple, Mac wants the veterans to help mentor the less inexperienced guys, so Methot plays the right side with Weircoich to help him out.

IMO nothing wrong with Cowen and Karlsson together, Cowen can add the muscle and Karlsson can help Cowen with puck movement.

In theory yes.

Problem is, Cowen can't play huge minutes.

If you play EK 30+ minutes, Methot has to be there with him.

I would be willing to try Boro with Wiercioch.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's been way better than the last 2 years when he was called up. Much more efficient at getting the puck out of the zone.

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
i7qZfWV3W4P4P.gif

credit to david22 on the hockeybuzz forums.

:yo:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So why do many posters think this kid stinks? He is terrific for us. Willing to play very physical, will fight and block shots. Perfect 6th defenceman to have.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Cowen shipped out because of Boro.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So why do many posters think this kid stinks? He is terrific for us. Willing to play very physical, will fight and block shots. Perfect 6th defenceman to have.

Because the Boro we're seeing now and the Boro we saw in training camps and in Bingo are not the same guy.

"Old" Boro was unfocused, tried to do too much, often put himself out of position chasing hits, and not overly skilled.

"New" Boro is none of those things. Well, except for the skill thing... he's still not terribly skilled, but he's getting the most out of his skill at the moment IMO, whereas that definitely wasn't the case even 2 months ago.

Wouldn't suprise me to see Cowen shipped out because of Boro.

... no.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I can assure you at 99% that Borowiecki won't escape the bashing and cursing at some point. He got a mulligan on his own-net goal but he might get the "local treatment" a bit more so people might give him more chances

Phillips replacement next year.

If Ceci is ready, why not?

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Wiercioch-Borowiecki
Gryba/Sdao

However Phillips ties to the organization might get him another short term contract

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Borocop is going to be a major anchor of stability on the blue line and once Cowen finds his game again it will really stabilize the Sens D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad