Recalled/Assigned: Mark Borowiecki called up

Milan the God*

Hopefully this is Cowen coming out of the lineup. Phillips is also bad but no way they would sit him.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Healthy scratch Cowen? I got ripped pretty hard here because I was very very critical of Cowen's holdout and his play as a Senator thus far before the season, now everyone seems to hate him currently. This always happen with holdouts, they usually suck for the season.

WhiteLight*

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Gryba
Borowiecki - Corvo

Play Karlsson 30-32 min.

PK
Methot - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Gryba

PP
Zibanejad - Karlsson
Corvo - Wiercioch

Milan the God*

Sit Cowen..And hope it lights a fire under his ass.

His decision making is brutal. I don't know if it can light a fire under him because he's not a very good player right now. He has a lot of flaws and is getting exposed.

Example: what on earth was he doing on the Marian Hossa goal during the Chicago game?

WhiteLight*

Please send Cowen down. Please send Cowen down. Please send Cowen down...

melnyk budget*

I expected this move.

We can score, and we have good goaltending. We have crap defense.

Before making a trade, Murray is checking out what he has in the system.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Murray needs to make a trade for an NHL defenseman, this isn't gonna fix how terrible every d except Methot and EK are

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Might be because we're moving someone to Florida as per that rumour. Hopefully Cowen for Trocheck.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
We have two capable NHL defensemen and ONE shutdown defenseman. ONE! Karlsson and Methot are the only two capable defensemen we have right now. We need another top-4 dman quick. We have forwards and goaltending.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Boro wasn't terrible when he was up last year at all -- in fact he was pretty good. Better than Phillips and Cowen, anyway. He's not a guy that's going to be afraid to take a hit to make a play, he doesn't pretend to carry the puck and he's mean as ****.

I'd much rather have Boro on the ice right now than Cowen, Wiercioch or Phillips.

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
Hasn't he been taking a lot of minor penalties in the A? Should fit right in fine.

Unless this is because of a trade then I doubt much will change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad