Mark Alt

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Excited for Alt, he has looked very good as the #1 D for the phantoms this season. He's a really well rounded player

He leapfrogged Manning who is very inconsistent but flashy but with Hagg and Ghost in the House he can merely be considered a clear cut #1. He is more of a #2/#3 shutdown guy.

Could be a natural fit with MDZ though...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He leapfrogged Manning who is very inconsistent but flashy but with Hagg and Ghost in the House he can merely be considered a clear cut #1. He is more of a #2/#3 shutdown guy.

Could be a natural fit with MDZ though...

I think he can be considered their #1 defender. I havent watched a game yet but he is on their top pairing, top (? Might be 2nd) PP and top pk. The minutes he has played has been crazy the last few games.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think he can be considered their #1 defender. I havent watched a game yet but he is on their top pairing, top (? Might be 2nd) PP and top pk. The minutes he has played has been crazy the last few games.

Either him or Hagg play the most minutes. They are the go to EV shutdown pair vs the oppositions best and also #1 PK and #2 PP. They play together in every situation.

I imagine 1 night Hagg has 30 seconds more and the next Alt.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Either him or Hagg play the most minutes. They are the go to EV shutdown pair vs the oppositions best and also #1 PK and #2 PP. They play together in every situation.

I imagine 1 night Hagg has 30 seconds more and the next Alt.

Yup, this season so far that is exactly as it played out. Hagg - Alt and Ghost - Manning are the top 2 pairs, with the former being the #1 PK and the latter the #1 PP. Even strength minutes are pretty close, but it seemed to me Hagg - Alt was out there more at ES.

I didn't notice a lot of line matching or anything, but it seemed that Hagg - Alt might have been deployed a little more in D zone starts.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm really excited to see some youth on the blueline. It's been far too long. Last year our D was healthy all year until the Grossmann injury right before the playoffs and no youth got into the lineup.

Time for Mark Alt to show what he has and that he wants to be an NHL defensemen!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hagg Alt could be our 3rd line pairing for the next 5+ years.

I know it rarely happens like that, but they seem to play well together.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sure, but those guys can slide into 3rd pairing roles if they regress. I mean more in terms of responsibility rather than contract/age.

I was under the impression Hagg projected as a 2nd pairing defensemen and Alt as a 3rd pairing defensemen, but if they have great chemistry together then who knows..it could go either way. Wish we had a time machine so we can fast forward to 2017 and see some skilled defensemen that can skate.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Who knows, by the time all of Morin, Ghost, Sanheim, hagg and alt are in the NHL we could have five guys capable of playing 20 minutes a night! Wouldn't that be a nice turn of events.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Delisle.
Last year it would have been Lamarche but he was a victim of the numbers game with all the new arrivals and Konan injured long term.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Per capgeek Alt's waiver exemption of 3 year(s) and 70 games remains in place through to the end of the 2015-16 season.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I don't think this guy will ever make the flyers with the current talent leap frogging him.

He's an AHL defenseman at this point of his development. His ceiling is a 6/7 dman.

I had higher hopes for him but he just hasn't progressed. Bad luck with injuries as soon as he hits his stride. The only way i see him making it to the NHL is in another organization.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think this guy will ever make the flyers with the current talent leap frogging him.

He's an AHL defenseman at this point of his development. His ceiling is a 6/7 dman.

I had higher hopes for him but he just hasn't progressed. Bad luck with injuries as soon as he hits his stride. The only way i see him making it to the NHL is in another organization.

Did he even get into a preseason game?

They don't seem to be very high on him. Definitely looks more like an AHL lifer.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He didn't get one game. A good AHL player so he provides depth for the Phantoms.

Pretty odd that they didn't get him into a game, like the one in Brooklyn where some guy i've never heard of Pyett played.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Alt is more of a known quantity, the first few games were tryout games where guys who were fringe or juniors got to showcase before being cut or sent back.

He was the first call up last year before he got injured, so I doubt they've just written him off. It'll be interesting to see the pairings, I would think Morin - Ghost and Hagg - Alt.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alt wasn't the first callup last year. Gostisbehere was. He got hurt the following night after a decision was already made.

I seriously doubt he overcomes the depth at pro level right now & next year to catch on with the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad