TSN: Marincin, Petan on Waivers

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So who is last to go? Spezza, Timmer or Shore? We should have a vote. Clearly Leafs do not know who it is either?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
speaking of Jets, wouldn't Marincin fit in the Peg?

Marincin can fit wherever he likes as long as it isnt in Toronto, not even the marlies dont want him taking ice time from Liljegren and Sandin down there.

I doubt he gets taken though, maybe someone will throw a 7th out way in order to keep him in the AHL after he clears

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sounds about right. I think Petan absolutely would make for a decent waiver claim for a team looking for a potential solid offensive depth player. He's very hit or miss game to game but if I'm a team rebuilding or in need of sending down young players, I'm all over Petan.

I doubt Marincin gets picked up. I do think he would have value after clearing though for a team that might want to have him as an AHL upgrade /NHL call up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Marincin can fit wherever he likes as long as it isnt in Toronto, not even the marlies dont want him taking ice time from Liljegren and Sandin down there.

I doubt he gets taken though, maybe someone will throw a 7th out way in order to keep him in the AHL after he clears
Great post. We don't need him stealing Lily and Sandin's minutes. Damn that may be worse than him being up here as the 7th. If he does not get picked up then flat out cut him.

Reactions: supermann_98

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
My guess is Spezza gets axed.

Shore can play both wing and center. Plays with his size more then about anyone on the team.

Timashov has promise and hasn't looked out of place. Would be a mistake to waive him.

4th line of

Moore-Gauthier-Shore/Timashov

Seems about right to me. Really no place for Spezza.

Mike1

Jul 29, 2002
Mississauga,Ontario
Visit site
Don't worry about Marincin guys, he will find his way back.

Petan might get claimed. To me, he is just too much of the same. An undersized, non-physical forward on a team filled with them. On another team with different types of forwards, he might find his game.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Have to imagine someone gives Petan a chance.

Marincin.... probably not.

I assume Spezza will be given to the Sens for futures or something. A couple of the Sens reporters have discussed Spezza returning. There was some talk before he signed with us as well that both sides were interested in a return.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
In surprised Petan got enough playing time to have to go on waivers again this year.

Both have more value if they clear, but no big deal if they don't.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If it's indeed Spezza who get's waived next, and none of the three get picked up, the addition of Petan, Spezza and Marincin on the Marlies make them a pretty scary good AHL team.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Neither of them are bad people or bad players. Just not a cut above who plays 5/6 D and 12th forward.

Marincin is always a mystery to me. Seems competitive against AHL players, but not much in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad