TSN: Marincin, Petan on Waivers

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Marincin probably doesn't get claimed but someone should take a flyer on Petan. Typically players have greater trade value if they clear waivers but I'm not sure that's the case here - since we have no cap space a team could claim Petan and then waive him themselves since they know we can't just reclaim him.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hopefully Marincin is claimed.... enough of that... and probably Shore on waivers next, and he may get claimed.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Then there was one. These moves weren't surprising, and both players have been placed on waivers by the Leafs at one point or another previously. Team need situations around the league will partially determine if they clear waivers or not now. Petan having an extra season on his contract could help or hinder that too.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Petan is good enough to be on the Leafs. Tima is a fan favourite. I have always like the kid, but he is a dime a dozen player in the NHL. At some point, I would like to see the Leafs give Agostino a shot or even a guy like Marchment. Not the best player on the Marlies, but he can bring a physical element this team simply doesn't have. Would like to try:

Agostino Gauthier Marchment

Last edited:

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
spare $217K...WOW

lets spend it
$700K backup goalie out
$917K backup goalie in

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
My guess is Spezza gets axed.

Shore can play both wing and center. Plays with his size more then about anyone on the team.

Timashov has promise and hasn't looked out of place. Would be a mistake to waive him.

4th line of

Moore-Gauthier-Shore/Timashov

Seems about right to me. Really no place for Spezza.

Shore is awful, I don't even want to see what that crap will look like in the PO. No way.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If Spezza was waived and claimed would he even report?
Estimated career earning: $88,177,926

He might be all but waiver exempt due to his situation.

Unless he wants to go to a rebuilding team ... and why would he?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Petan is good enough to be on the Leafs. But it isn't going to happen. Tima is a fan favourite. I have always like the kid, but he is a dime a dozen player in the NHL. Easily replaceable. At some point, I would like to see the Leafs give Agostino a shot. Or even a guy like Marchment. Certainly not the best player on the Marlies, but he can bring a physical element this team simply doesn't have. Would like to try:

Most 4th liners are a dime a dozen players. Agostino and Marchment included. Marchment is far too physical for this team.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

It depends on if he still has the motivation to play a few more seasons. If he does, just play hard even on a rebuilding team and it will show you are still useful. Maybe make more money next year.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Most 4th liners are a dime a dozen players. Agostino and Marchment included. Marchment is far too physical for this team.

Go Manbrook?

I don't think anyone is too physical for this team, but they just want players, who can play too.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

There could always be the chance he finds himself back on a team with playoff aspirations closer to the deadline, far off as that is right now.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

If Spezza goes to the Marlies, with Petan, and Marincin, it's his best chance for a Cup. (Calder)

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Petan is good enough to be on the Leafs. But it isn't going to happen. Tima is a fan favourite. I have always like the kid, but he is a dime a dozen player in the NHL. Easily replaceable. At some point, I would like to see the Leafs give Agostino a shot. Or even a guy like Marchment. Certainly not the best player on the Marlies, but he can bring a physical element this team simply doesn't have. Would like to try:

Timashov should not be replaced by two inferior players for physicality. He should stay in the lineup or get traded for a return more valueable than his contribution to our lineup, which right now, is more than a typical dime-a-dozen player provides.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Marincin has been decent for us as a fill in. I wouldn't be upset if he stays in the fold.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad