TSN: Marincin, Petan on Waivers

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
In surprised Petan got enough playing time to have to go on waivers again this year.

Both have more value if they clear, but no big deal if they don't.

they showcased him as much last game with JT-Marner; apparently nobody took the bait so might get claimed on the waiver.

hey i dont blame other teams; if i was the GM of the other team why the hell would waste a draft pick if i know I would get the player on the waiver.

also dont think other team(s) are worried about not getting Petan based on waiver line-up to waste a pick on the trade if they dont get him its not their loss so to speak.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
For all the people getting excited about Marincin getting waived cool your Jets, he's the hockey equivalent of a cockroach :laugh: he will still be playing for us 10 years from now

If someone claims either of them I wish them the best of luck, I doubt that happens though

Reactions: Erdinger

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I think he can settle in on a team that lacks depth, that was not going to be here.

He has had ample opportunity to show he is an NHL caliber player. He has failed at multiple stops. He is undersized, poor defensively and doesn’t produce at all. 6 goals in 118 career games, and showing no signs of being able to break out.

He’s just another garbage player that Dubas brought in.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
He has had ample opportunity to show he is an NHL caliber player. He has failed at multiple stops. He is undersized, poor defensively and doesn’t produce at all. 6 goals in 118 career games, and showing no signs of being able to break out.

He’s just another garbage player that Dubas brought in.

Garbage is a bit harsh, i would say mediocre, but on Edmonton that is better that what they have now.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
For all the people getting excited about Marincin getting waived cool your Jets, he's the hockey equivalent of a cockroach :laugh: he will still be playing for us 10 years from now

If someone claims either of them I wish them the best of luck, I doubt that happens though

Being a depth guy in Toronto is a good living. No shame in that. We can sign Marincin to one way deals indefinitely and be guaranteed injury depth. This is the only reason the leafs can survive the cap crunch. They can sign tweeners to nhl deals and waive them anytime they like.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Being a depth guy in Toronto is a good living. No shame in that. We can sign Marincin to one way deals indefinitely and be guaranteed injury depth. This is the only reason the leafs can survive the cap crunch. They can sign tweeners to nhl deals and waive them anytime they like.

It's going to be an issue once you've got some many of those depth guys on the Marlies that it becomes difficult to get enough ice for the younger development players

As somebody that follows the Marlies it's already becoming an issue and those guys will make it worse

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's going to be an issue once you've got some many of those depth guys on the Marlies that it becomes difficult to get enough ice for the younger development players

As somebody that follows the Marlies it's already becoming an issue and those guys will make it worse

They can be lent to other AHL teams.

Reactions: Buds17

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
OMG MARINCIN IS NO LONGER ON THE ROSTER !!!! happy dance .... omg this was 3 years of completly wasted roster spot that could have been given to absolutely anyone.

as for petan ... can someone tell me why shore is on this roster ? he slow has no shot , no vision, soft as butter and hes only good for faceoffs. if we are already using spezza and the goat for faceoffs hes beyond usless. How is a roster with shore better than one with petan ? its not

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Marincin is that girfriend of your best friend from high school who's somehow always comes back and ruin him. He finally breaks up with that toxic chick, you all happy it's over, but the next thing you know she's back again and you just don't know how.

Hopefully, this time you truly let her go, my dear friend.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
No team should pick Petan up. He’s not an NHL player. He belongs in the KHL.

Maybe I am Babcock part 2. If I coached this team, Petan would be on my fourth line (without question) along with Spezza and Agostino. Most of Leaf nation would apparently hate my guts, but I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I thought it was interesting to recall Petan to play just 1 game and by doing so he requires waivers again after they mkade sure to send him back down on the exact day he wouldn't require waivers again. People have said it was a showcase, but realistically how well do you expect him to play that 1 game suddenly causes someone to want to give you a 7th for him.

Reactions: Buds17

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I doubt he plays in the AHL.

If he clears he likely stays with the Leafs as an extra, but he wouldn't count against the cap.

That's what I was wondering, could they waive Spezza but keep him with the team? Since he has a no - trade clause could they this this to park him for now?

I also think Petan doesn't need to clear waivers (for 30 days / 10 games) and Poulin said the same on Leafs Lunch today. After seeing the tweets, etc , its clear as mud for me!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad