Waived: Marincin on waivers (Update - Clears and will go to the Marlies).

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I believe Marincin going unclaimed twice is a definitive statement that he is not even a depth NHL defenceman. Sad to note that Holl is even worse. I thought Ottawa would claim Marincin; he would be in their Top 4!

Or the fact that everyone has LHD and RHD are in demand right now. If Holl was on waivers he’d get claimed. Not cause he’s good.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Something funny about a bunch of internet dudes living with their parents - maybe working at Best Buy if at all - ripping into Marancin for being a failure.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If Marincin was an equal player but was a RHD he would have been claimed IMO. I have never noticed such a league wide RHD shortage. or maybe its an increased awareness being a Leaf fan and our black hole on the right side.
RHD have worse stats overall than LHD and get paid more relative to their stats

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Sure... you want my eyes too? Seems like you need a new pair of those.
I liked his play this season too, Dave. I think a year in purgatory helped focus his mind, and I liked what I've seen of him lately.

This is not what most people want to hear, but I couldn't care less. If it's a matter of opinion, I trust my own.

Reactions: SprDaVE

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
Is he still on Maple Leafs roster? Shouldn't he be in AHL, because he was on waivers?
Seems he cleared waivers but was kept on the roster given the coinciding injuries. I think I saw that he stood in for Muzzin at practice a couple days ago? So hanging around as the #7 D for now.

Can't remember the rule off the top of my head, but I think now that he's cleared waivers, they can send him down in the next 30 days (or after a certain number of games?) without having to put him on waivers again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad